Sunday, October 18, 2009

October Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge

Here is my easel card for the Magnolia-licious Highlites challenge blog. I actually made 2 cards - 1 with the monochromatic twist (which was difficult for me I must say). The easel template can be found here. Suzanne Dean has pictures up at the Magnolia-licious challenge blog that explains how to make the easel card too.

Here is my monochromatic card. I have a bowdabara (from Walmart) that I used to use to make bows for my daughter's hair and it only just occurred to me to use it for cards now - I'm so glad I didn't throw it out LOL!



Here is my NOT monochromatic card. A bit on the simple side but still like how it looks.



Please let me know what you think. I appreciate any and all comments! Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautifully done Angela--I adore them both but that cute lil' candy house is fabulous! Thanks for joining in on the challenge w/ us!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jacque said...

Both of them are darling, Angela...it would be very difficult to choose between them...I love both of those images and you have showcased them both beautifully...Thank you so much for joining us this month...Hugs..Jacque

charlene said...

Angela I think you did a great job I really like the monochromatic one very pretty colors.
Hugs

Sharon Caudle said...

They're both fabulous cards, Angela! I love the soft, muted colors in the first card, and the candy house in the second house is sooo cute!! Awesome job! hugs!

Cami said...

Both of your cards a very cute, Angela. Each has their own theme...one soft and muted,elegant, the second cheerful, cute and whimsy! Great take on the easel card. Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful coloring and lovely cards! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Hi Angela,
Both of your cards have a lot of charm....love your idea of the candy house! :o) Your colouring is fantastic. Great work!!
Hugs, Candy

Patricia Garcia said...

Both of your cards are SUPER, I love them both!!

Hugs,
PAtricia

Karen Brooks said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Great work!

Nancy said...

Both cards are just adorable! Love these new stamps and you did a great job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Tracey said...

These are beautiful cards Angela! Love them!

Lauren said...

Adorable cards! Purple is my favorite color and I just LOVE the gingerbread house! What a great way to use 60's Tilda as a Christmas image!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela! Your Tilda's are both adorable! You're coloring is awesome girlfriend! I can tell you are having FUN! Posting two cards at one time! oh wow! *sigh*
I have to try this easel - you're inspiring!
Pam Going Postal

Norma said...

Angela, your cards are gorgeous. Your colouring of these 2 adorable Tildas is fabulous. I love the double scallop-edge oval on the first card. And your gingerbread house is wonderful. Love both cards.

Hugs.
Norma

Jodie from Oz said...

Angela, I love both your cards, they are beautiful and Tilda is just adorable. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Sandi said...

I so love both of them, arn't they fun? Thanks so much for your kind comments to my post. Sandi

Loraine ou Tilard said...

Your two cards are delicious! Bravo! Loraine

Karen Arthur said...

They are so cute and I find the easel card additive.