Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Magnolia-licious Challenge #19

Hello everyone! This is a prescheduled post as I will be on vacation most of August and not around blogland very much. I will be on the net on and off though.  Just catching up on some R & R before the school season starts up and the cooler weather moves in. Hope you all have been enjoying your summer vacation and the sunny hot weather!

So, today at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog, our color challenge this week is to use Black and White and/or Monochromatic colors. This was a tough one for me as I've never colored in monochromatic or just black and white colors before.  Here's how my card turned out:




I've had these 2 Magnolia images for awhile and never had that chance to use them. But when I saw the inspiration photo for this challenge, I had to pull them out. Here is the photo to inspire us:


Details:

Paris Tilda
Eiffel Tower - doesn't seem to be in stock at Magnolia-licious right now.
Postcard BG Stamp by Whimsy - Love To Stamp
Spellbinder Fleur De Lis Accents
Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels 4
MFT rolled flower die
DCWV La Creme paper stack

Well, that's it for now. Hope you like my card today! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!


21 comments:

LaJanette said...

Angela your card is awesome! Love your coloring and those images are super cute!

Hugs;
Janette

May Britt said...

What a beautiful card ...

martina's kaartjes said...

oh my... this is one fab card ! lovely !!
greetings, martina
x

Jane said...

Angela this is fab. I really love the monochrome look, but as yet never had a go myself, but you may well have inspired me to have a bash. Hope you're having a lovely break. TFS ~ Jane

KarinsArtScrap said...

great job you have done here angela, beautiful made.

greetings karin

NGCARDS said...

This is a wonderful card hun xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Angela!
Just hopped over from Magnolia licious, cause I really love your card! Its so beautiful coloured and the Eiffel tower in the background is a fab. idea. Great work!!
hugs
Nina

Christina said...

Wowww this is really a stunning card Angela!!
Hugs Kristel

charlene said...

Wow great job love your coloring and I hope you are having a great time on your vacation.
Hugs

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Angela!! Well this might be the first time you've tried this type of coloring, but it sure doesn't look like it! You did a beautiful job and I love everything about this card! Makes me want to buy a ticket right now to Paris! :)
hugs, Sharon

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Angela this definitely has the Ooh-La-La-factor, this looks amazing the papers, die cuts, postcard, Eiffel Tower and finally Tilda, wow, what a stunner, I totally love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Angela, this is really amazing hun!! I love your French theme and your coloring is awesome!! I would love to give this a go sometime! :)

Candy said...

Angela,
I had no idea this was your first time doing black and white. Your card looks so professional!
You got all the highlights and shadows perfectly.
Your papers are gorgeous also.
Hugs, Candy
PS Enjoy your vacation :o)

Pat said...

Hi Angela!! Well...I hope you're having the BEST vacay!! I'm pea green with envy! (My vacay is a month away yet!) Glad you were able to make this card and pre-schedule your post...this is just stunning, darlin'!! Your first time w/grey skin, huh?! You nailed it babe! Hugs. Pat

Anonymous said...

I love this coloring and yours turned out totally charming Angela! Makes me want this Tilda even! Love the postcard and Parisian Accents with her...just delightful! Remember when I did the Cowgirl Angelica like this back in our II days?! I kinda miss those images. Just never enough time to color everything! Happy R & R to you!

paola said...

Your work is as always top notch, and your coloring perfect, i love visiting your blog, fabulous!
smiles
Paola

Norma said...

Angela, your card brought back fond memories as I was in Paris last summer. I want to go back! LOL. Love the French elements that you've used--the fleur de lis, the Eiffel tower and the French Tilda. Fab colouring in B&W. Hope you're enjoying your summer vacation. Can't believe it's August already and the days are actually getting shorter...sigh.
Hugs,
Norma

cabio's craft corner said...

Angela, I noticed the you even found the cool black & white flower for this mono Tilda card. Love the combo of the tower & the Tilda image. I don't drink, but after looking at this elegant card, I feel like having a sip of white wine, lol :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Myrna said...

Awesome card Angela! Love the Paris theme!

Aman said...

Inspires me to make something black and white!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!