Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pretty in Pink Lili

Woohoo! We are having us a NOR'EASTER. I know most of you are probably sick of winter but we here haven't seen a storm like this in a while. Schools are closed, kids are home, and my husband stayed home from work too. We have the fireplace going - nice and cozy. Hmm.. if only I could get the pizza man to deliver :0) -- actually, I got some chicken soup on the stove and my daughter made brownies. Here are some pics of my backyard from earlier today if you want to see:





Well, onto my project. Today, I made a card using Flower Lili .





I am entering her into a few challenges. They are:

The Corrosive Challenge - sketch
Paper Jewels - cute and girly
Pile It On! - to the one I love
Crazy For Challenges - be my valentine
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - valentine with no red

I used DCWV cardstock, Magnolia designer paper, copics, distress inks, spellbinder dies, flowers and crystal picks from the wedding/flower section of my local Michaels store, MS punches, and ribbon from my stash.

Here is a picture of the copics I used:



Well, thanks for stopping by. Hope you can leave me a comment to let me know what you think! I really appreciate all your comments. Have a great day!

25 comments:

Katie said...

Well isn't she gorgeous!
Super sweet image and I love your colors.
Thanks for Piling It On this week!

Crystal said...

Lots and lots of snow everywhere my kiddos were home today too!!! I enjoy it but I am sooo ready for spring!!!! AWWW LiLi looks gorgeous, love your colors and wow girl your coloring is beautiful!!! What a wonderful layout!!! Way to go on those challenges!!! Have a great night and stay warm!

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Angela, Flower Lili is so adorable, your colouring is wonderful! Love all your wonderful detail especially the pearls, gorgeous dsp. Thank you so much for the snow pictures, must show the children when they get in from school. They love snow, not much chance here, 30 again today! How lovely to be all home snug in front of fire, have a fantastic day, take careX:)

Debra James said...

That is such an amazing picture that is hard to imagine here in Australia- never, ever have weather like that and to get to stay home as well- Unbelievable. What a fabulous card Angela, the colours and paper are gorgeous and that girl is a real cutie.Hugs xxxx

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful Angela! Love how you stamped around the oval too! awesome...fun to see your marker photo too! I like looking and looking! lol
Pam Going Postal

Andrea M said...

So pretty! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Pile It On!

Danni said...

Such a pretty card! LOVE it!

Sammi said...

she's adorable Angela!! love the card!!
oooh.. the snow look lovely (says I who is not keen to move out from under the aircon just now!)
xxx

HappyCrafter said...

Ah, how sweet! I love those flowers too, great accents. I'm glad you joined us with our first challenge at Paper Jewels.

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful coloring as usual Angela and love the soft colors you picked to color her. So very gorgeous!

Wow, couldn't believe you have so much snow there, but it looks so pretty though!

Hugs,
Cabio

sam said...

You have colored this image pretty! beautiful card! thanks for playing with us at Pile it on!

JayLynn said...

Such a pretty card! I love the way you did the oval, it looks lovely. Thanks for joining us at Paper Jewels.

celia said...

Bij ons heeft het ook al in tijden zo niet meer gesneeuwd.Mooi al dat wit met de winterzon erop...kinderen willen ondanks dat toch 10km naar school fietsen! Ik kijk ook al stilaan uit naar het warme weer,maar ach klagen en zagen doen we toch steeds weer of het nu sneeuwt, regent of de zon te fel schijnt! ;-) Heel veel liefs,Celia.

celia said...

Oeps!Vergeet het belangrijkste...je kaartje ziet er fantastisch mooi uit! Groetjes,Celia.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG love the pics of the snow sooo beautiful!
Your card is absolutly gorgeous too.
Kristy x

Melanie said...

Add about 20 inches of snow and your back yard looks like ours. ;-) LOL!! Enjoy the snow!!
Your card is georgous, I love this precious little girl. Great colors!!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

Hi Angela yup it's like this over here too.It is very nice to look at but getting caught driving in it is awful!! I was driving two days ago when it i came down hard.I can't remember when was the last time i drove sooo scared and i was with my baby(1yo) cars sliding and flipping.I got home but scared out of my mind! HAVEN'T BEEN OUT SINCE LOL!PHEW!Ok i let it out lol!

Angela, i really love your coloring this is too cute! AWHH and awhhh IS ALL I COULD SAY when i visit you lol! All really like all the pearls on the flowers so adorable. Her hat and pants what are they colored with?? Thanks angela! oh and try not to drive out there!!! it's scary RubyM:)

CraftyC said...

Your card is very pretty. We have had so much snow. About 6 inches and thats alot for us in southern england. Lucky to get a few inches in the winter!
Clairex

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Craft Paper said...

Your card is beautiful! Great job, good luck on the challen$pring06ges.

Crealin said...

Hi dear Angela,

what a sweet card and I really love the way you've colored Lili.
Enjoy the snow and your family, it sounds really cosy.

Lots of hugs,

Lins x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Well it's going to snow whether we want it to or not so we may as well enjoy it!

As for your card it is wonderful all the layering and her coloring is gorgeous! Beth

Christine Riley said...

What a gorgeous card, your coloring is just perfect!
Hugs, Christine

Terria said...

Very pretty card thanks for sharing :)

Tanya said...

Love the card Angela! The colors are gorgeous!!

I really love the Inky stamps and can't wait for Nichole to release some new ones :)