Monday, June 7, 2010

My first hAnglar card

Good morning to you! I have been MIA for the past several days. So busy with taking my girls to dance rehearsals/recitals and helping my older daughter study for finals. Well, I'm happy to report that the dancing is over for now but we're still studying for finals. Have been trying to play catch up with my emails and also visiting blogs. I've missed so much!

Well, yesterday I had a chance to go to the Heirloom Rubber Stamping show in Massachussettes. What fun! (I bought lots of goodies that I can't wait to play with). But before I left I finished up a card that I'd like to share with you today. I received some stamped hAnglar images from a friend awhile ago. I have been coveting these images for so long and now that there is a challenge blog for them, I have an excuse to use them. So, I made this easel card for the challenge over at the Lovely hAnglar Only challenge blog. The challenge is to use the colors pink and green, one of my favorite color combos.



Here is a closeup:



Recipe:

Copics: Skin - E02, E00, E000, R20 Hat, Shirt, Shoes, Polka Dots - RV34, RV32, RV11, RV10 Pants, Hat Ribbon - YG67, YG63, G21, G20 Hair - E59, E55, E53, E51

Tools:

MS punches, felt embellishments, lace trim, floral trim, spellbinder die

This card will be entered at the following challenges:

Lovely hAnglar Only challenge blog - pink and green
Charisma Cardz - flowers
PaperPlay Challenges - flowers and sparkle
Cupcake Craft Challenge - use some sparkle - the center of my flowers have glitter on it and the rhinestone on my butterfly is sparkly as is the wire antenna

Thanks for looking at my card today and I hope you have a moment to leave a comment - I love to read them! Enjoy the rest of your week and Happy Stamping! hugs,

27 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Angela

this card is beautiful
your coloring is great and I love the round circle.

greetings from karin

Anneke said...

Hi Angela,
This is a beautifull card!
Love the cute stamps :)
Hugs Anneke

tea_bag said...

your card is wonderful I love lace and the effect it offers, hugs alma xx

Crystal said...

WOW Angela this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE your design and that image is SWEET!!! Beautiful work sweetie!

himlaverket said...

Nice card youve got there...
Have a nice day...

Anonymous said...

AWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Oh gosh i just told Patricia these images are the next thing in!!! Oh yeah. HI SWEETIE !!!! Girls this is super adorable.All i could say is wow wow wow!!!. I'm trying to post my first Hanglar cardtoo but blogger is down LOL!!! Is that a coincidence or what lol!!! Girl i so need to scraplift your coloring.Do you start from dark to light or light to dark?THIS IS GORGEOUS ANGELA!!!LOOK AT ALL THIS PRETTY RIBBON.Enjoy your Monday LOL!!((hugs))RubyM:)

celia said...

Woooaaauww!!!Wat een schitterende kaart!Een echt juweeltje!Gefeliciteerd!Liefs,Celia.

Renkata said...

Wow very sweet card. Great layout and gorgeous details.

Judi said...

Wow! Your colouring is terrific, and this image is just SO cute, love the Hanglar stamps.

Judi xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Yes Angela, now after seeing this card you made me crave to use my images too. You did an awesome shape easel card and your coloring job is always the top notch!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Susan Payton said...

I just love your designs. Thank you so much for letting me visit.
http;//amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

Saskia said...

Oooh... so sweet and beautiful!!! lovely work!

Saskia :)

Lauren said...

Beautiful! I love your coloring and the pink and green combo! Great job!

Lauren

Jodie from Oz said...

Angela, wow your colouring is amazing, love these sweet images and your beautiful shaped easel card. Hugs Jodie from Oz

marsha said...

Beautiful card, but even more beautiful coloring!
Hugs, Marsha

Annette Bowes said...

STUNNING Easel card Angela, gorgeous image, beautifully coloured, such pretty ribbons too, wish you daughter good luck with her exams, take careX:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet Angela!! I just love these stamps as well!! I will have to get some of them!! Where did you get yours? Gorgeous coloring and design!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

so charming Angela in her pink polka dot pants! : ) Love your pink coloring and all the shading you've done is FAB!!! Love the circle shape and the punch behind her and the sweet flowers...love the pattern paper you used too!
Pam Going Postal

Kim Dellow said...

Oh my goodness that is just so beautiful! I love the fabulous textures with the lace. Hanglars are so sweet! Kim

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Angela, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "dazzling" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Myrna said...

Oh Angela, she is ADORABLE!! I just love your coloring on her. Beautiful!

Kerri said...

You lucky, lucky, girl!!! I would love to have some of these images:) This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! You blow me away every time, girlie!!!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

This is sooo sweet. Fab colouring! Luv the shape of the easel card.

xoxo,
Lori

debbies said...

STUNNING-love the shape too!

Jodi said...

Just adorable!! Love the shaped card, super cute image and wonderful coloring!! I also just colored my very first hanglar and will post that soon!!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Marina said...

Wow! That's gorgeous!
I love the layout, the details are beautiful and your colouring is just fantastic.

Thank you so much for playing our first challenge at *lovely hÄnglar only*.

Hugs,
Marina

Crealin said...

Hi Angela,

what a cutie, your coloring is amazing!

Liefs,

Lins x