Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Whimsy's Circle of Friends - Card for Annika

Whimsy is hosting a blog hop for one of their teammies (Annika) who recently lost her mother.  I wanted to join in to help support my friend and fellow Make It Colourful DT sister and make a card to link to the Whimsy blog also.  So I made this card:


This is Tilda with Hanging Heart from Magnolia-licious and her "gown" is made with my Spellbinder scalloped heart die - I cut out several hearts for her petticoat. I tried to give Tilda's gown a little dimension by raising the middle of the gown with pop dots.  I also used my angel wing doohickey die from Magnolia-licious and gave Tilda larger wings. My sentiment is computer generated and cut out with another Spellbinder die.  Do you like the heart chipboard embellishment that I added to my card? I got it from Zoe at Make It Crafty - really love using these chipboard pieces and she has created so many other new chipboard designs. You have to check them out!

Here is a closeup of my sweet angel:


I will enter this card at the following challenges:

KB Challenges - use hearts on our card
Magical Monday Challenges - flowers
The Pink Elephant - red, brown, pink
Let's Ink It Up  - anything goes
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - glitter (I used glitter on Tilda's wings)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - "whateva"

Well, that's it for today. I'm off to shovel some more snow.. boo!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Thank you for playing The Cute Monday Challenge :)

Janiel/ janny said...

now look at just how clever you are!!! I love your out of the box thinking!! BEAUTIFUL card!!
hugs, Janiel

charlene said...

How sweet she is love those wings !
Hugs

Chrissy said...

This is really beautiful. As soon as it opened I thought, the heart looks like a dress and it was, so there you go,illusion complete.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Renkata said...

wow Angela this is so creative.
Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

AWW!! This is so precious Angela!! What a darling card!! LOVE the flowers and beautiful sentiment!! I know she'll love it!! What a wonderful thing to do!!HUGS

celia said...

Wow this is stunning! I love the way you used Tilda! And you colord here beautiful!
Hugs,Celia.

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a lovely card angela.

greetings karin

Céline said...

what a fabulous card, love the hearts seems to be dress
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Anonymous said...

I love this, so original! Beautiful work!
hugs,
Shell

Sharon Caudle said...

So beautiful and creative and clever, Angela!!! I love this card and of course your coloring and details are fabulous! Gorgeous creation!!!
hugs, Sharon

Beth aka BR-T said...

While it's never easy to lose someone I trust this may ease the pain...your card is divine!

Norma said...

Angela, you are so creative! It's brilliant. It goes without saying that your colouring is always top notch. I love all the details on this card. My eyes go here and there and here and there trying to catch everything. Love it.

Hugs,
Norma

Sandy said...

Angela, I don't know how anyone could get anymore creative than this. This card knocked my socks off. So much so I am ordering all the stuff so I can make this very card for all my grandchildren! Thanks so much for sharing Angela.
Hugs,
Sandy

Peggie said...

Super card. Beautiful idea for a skirt.

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering what that wing die works up like! She's adorable Angela!
Pam Going Postal

Jodi said...

Aww, she is so cute and sweet! I love the pink and all of those pretty roses too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Angela!! This is gorgeous!! Annika will love this. The coloring and then the heart for the dress is so clever...and all the roses. Wow girl!! Gorgeous design and details!!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

Oh my word Angela this is sooo beautiful!! I LVOE LOVE how you did this image, your coloring, design and everything is JUST PERFECT!!! Annika will just LOVE this, you are sooo thoughtful sweetie!! Hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

How creative you are Angela! It's fun to see that heart dress on this Tilda stamp. She looks so sweet and love every l'il details on this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Iulia said...

Oh, Angela, you are so inventive! Gorgeous petticoat you have created there and all the details match perfectly. Annika would cherish this card although the circumstances are so sad.
Hugs, Iulia

Cathy Lee said...

OMG...HOW SWEET, Angela! Such a creative idea. Always love your projects. You are so inspiring!

Hugz as always,
Cathy Lee

Gemma said...

Every one shoul have a guardian angel like this, love waht you did with her skirt. Thank you for joining us at SSC this week, we are looking for new dt-members, please have a look at our site! Have a nice weekend, Gemma

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Annette Bowes said...

Too talented Angela, love the heart layered dress, very effective, lovely sentiment. Take CareX:)

Chris said...

Fabulous again Angela, you're so imaginative, I love how you used the hearts for her dress and popped up the layers too. Sheer perfection! Hugs, Chris............I think I better go now, I can't take any more :D x

Vivi Casale said...

adorable card!!
Thank you so much for have joined us at MSL!
Vivi & MSL DT Members