It's time again for another challenge at
TOMIC. Our theme this week is to make a basket. So I scoured the internet and came across several basket tutorials on Splitcoaststampers. In the gallery I saw the cutest picnic basket but there was no tutorial on how to make it. I could have purchased a template for $6 or $7 if I wanted but decided to just try and make it on my own. So here is how it turned out:
I cut several 1 inch strips of yellow paper. Then I brushed the edges with some dark brown ink so when I weaved the strips together there would be a little color dividing the strips. I have 5 rows vertically and 3 rows horizontally. I used a spellbinder die for the lid. I think it turned out really cute. All I have to do is add a rectangular piece of cardboard or chipboard to the inside of the basket and then I can put some Christmas cookies or some muffins/quick breads and give it to someone as a small gift.
This cute Magnolia image is from the new
Sweet Christmas Dreams collection and she is called
Tilda With Candy Cone. I colored her with the following copic colors: E11, E00, E000, R27, R24, R22, R20, C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, E35, E33, E31, G21, G20, YR23, Y23, Y21, Y000. I used the
poinsettia doohickey die from Magnolia and also some WOC flowers to help embellish this project.
I will enter my basket at the following challenges:
Just Magnolia - christmas
Christmas Inspirations - christmas and die cuts/ punches
The Ribbon Girl - jingle all the way to Christmas
Well that's it for now. Hope you liked my project today and can let me know what you think. Thanks for visiting!
17 comments:
Wow Angela,
this basket is awesome, gorgeous project.
Wow Angela, this is fantastic.
Hugs
Jane
Gorgeous basket Angela! Love the frilly ribbon around the edge of the lid and basket weave base. Cute image, take careX:)
Done a wonderful basket of beautifully painted stamp
Everything is beautifully presented and I really like it.
Hi Angela, What a darling Christmas Picnic Basket you have created!! And, without a pattern!!I love all the embellies that you have added to it, especially the ruffled ribbon around the lid. Tilda is colored so beautifully too!
Hugs,
Suzan
Great project. Looks wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges this fortnight. Hope you will play with us next challenges too.
gorgeous basket angela.
greetings karin
Your Christmas basket is fab! Very clever, looks just great. Thanks for joining in with the Christmas challenge at the Ribbon Girl, Mary G x
Wpwser this is amazing you are so clever and with no template either its just so beautiful xxxx
Angela, your basket is totally amazing girl!! LOVE your design and your colors!! Thanks for sharing!! Hope you had a great weekend! HUGS :)
Oh this is adorable and your improvised basket is perfect!
What a smart gal trying the template on your own. I love the ribbon on this basket, don't know why, but it reminds me of picnic. Love the awesome job on your coloring of Tilda and this project is amazing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio
Super cute Angela! Love that lattice!
Hugs, Dena
Oh my goodness girl, you do it every time, your project is AMAZING, absolutely LOVE this sweet basket, soooo perfect!!!! big hugs miss you bunches!
Wow this is spectacular!!!!! Wow what a gorgeous basket. You must have a house full pf precious magnolia creations!!!!! Wow excellent work as always!!!!!
You are soooooo creative, Angela! Your picnic basket is phenomenal....a work of art!
This is one beautiful basket - you are indeed extremely talented. Another beautiful creation by Angela!
Sandy
Post a Comment