Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Eve in Edwin's Town

Christmas is just around the corner and there is so much excitement in my house for the big day.  Children make the holiday so much happier, I can't even remember what it was like before they came along. I only have 1 more present left to wrap and 1 cake to bake and I am all set and ready for Sunday. I hope you are taking time to enjoy the season and not too stressed getting ready for it.  I think sometimes we put so much pressure on ourselves to shop and prepare and stressing ourselves out instead of just enjoying this happy time of year and being thankful for all the blessings we have in our lives.

Anyways, I'd like to share with you a side-step card I made using Edwin's Town, Tilda with Lantern, and Edwin on Christmas Eve. All these images can be found at Magnolia-licious (or special ordered from Magnolia-licious).


I also used the fence Doohickey die and the Memory Box Frosty Border die both can be found at Magnolia-licious. My image was colored with copics and I also used colored pencils for shading and highlighting.  I used some gold pearls to embellish the snowflakes and around my Edwin image.

I will enter this card at the following challenges:

Crafts and Me - anything goes
Bearly Mine - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - last christmas card of the year
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - fancy folds/shaped cards

That's it for me today. I am working on another card that I'll try to post before Christmas but if I don't,  I'd like to wish everyone who visits me here at my blog a very healthy and happy Christmas and I'd like to thank you all who take the time to leave me lovely comments. I love and appreciate all of you!

Well I'm off to my kids' school (I am room parent for the 8th grade class) and help them set up for their Christmas party! Take care xo.


15 comments:

Catherine said...

This is simply gorgeous! Love the colours and the layout! Merry Christmas....

coldwaters2 said...

Super, super, super card Angela those images of Tilda and Edwin look gorgeous and I love those houses, the die cut flourish is a perfect touch. I would like to wish you and your family and Happy Christmas and New Year.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jane said...

Wow, Angela, this is absolutely fabulous.

Merry Christmas my friend

Jane

Nannieflash said...

What a stunning scene, I love your colour choice to. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the Challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Evette K. said...

Holy cow ....fabulous!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family. I love your blog and so love your talent!!!! evette

Myrna said...

Beautiful coloring as always Angela! I have to get those houses they are so perfect for scenes. Love this! Merry Christmas Angela!

Candy said...

Your card is just amazing! Your coloring is fabulous!!
Merry Christmas
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

cabio's craft corner said...

Super sweet card Angela. Fun pick on these Tilda & Edwin for the step card. The buildings set up on the background is perfect!!
I too wish you and your family a fun Christmas and a wonderful New year :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Lalique said...

merry christmas
happy holidays friend

http://laracroft3.skynetblogs.be http://lunatic.skynetblogs.be

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Angela, beautiful Christmas scene, love the frosty border, gorgeous colouring, wishing you and your family a magical Christmas Day and a fun, healthy 2012, take careX:)

Sandy said...

Merry Christmas Angela!! This is wonderful - I love the village houses - so European! The snow die cut is perfect for this. I think Tilda is in love and I love this Edwin!
Sandy

Raquel SK said...

I am in awe of your Christmas cards! They are all a work of art, and I've enjoyed staring at them and noticing all the intricate details. Amazing!! Thanks for sharing your work.-Raquel

Tracey Manderson said...

wowzers wonderful card. Your colouring is amazing! i am yet to be satisfied with my shading around my images. Yours is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine and good luck with the Challenge
Hugs
Tracey

Crafteezee said...

Wow Angela, another Stunner. Happy New Year to you. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

What a fantastic creation. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Thanks for playing in our christmas bumper challenge over at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona