Thursday, November 1, 2012

Winter Fun Magnolia-licious Style

Hi Everyone!  Whew what a week!  I'm happy to say the electricity is finally restored at my home after the hurricane. 3 days of no electricity is not fun.  Definitely adding a generator to my Christmas list this year. And I'm happy to report that I  have no fall leaves to rake as the winds blew them all away.  Our pool  has suffered the only damage due to the hurricane but it could have been so much worse and my girls are enjoying a week off from school.

Well today I am sharing my "interactive" or "something hidden" card that is our current challenge at Magnolia-licious Highlights this month.  I made a stair step card with a "slider" addition.  Here is my card:


I used several Magnolia images today to create my fun winter scene.  They are:  Tilda in the Mountains, Old Swedish Church, Snowy Tilda, Edwin on SledSki Edwin with SnowflakesWinter Forest (link to mini image), and Edwin Skiing (which doesn't appear to be in stock currently).

I used Ski Edwin with Snowflakes to slide across the front of my card, almost appearing like after he fell he slid a bit.



I cut a thin rectangle and attached a foam pop dot to the back of Edwin, placed it in the slit and underneath the paper and through the slit I attached the button to the back of the foam pop dot.  I guess you can say that is my "hidden" portion of the card as you can obviously see the slit I cut for the slide to work.


Here are a few more pics of my card at different angles.  I also used several dies on this card.  I used Spellbinder snowflake dies, Magnolia Doo Hickey poinsettia die, Memory box landscape die and snowflake border.



Well that's it from me today. I really enjoyed putting this card together using all these fun stamps. I'm loving this Christmas story collection of stamps!  

This last photo is a pic of my pool after the storm we had Monday.  I'm just thankful all these trees that surround my yard didn't fall on our house! Thank you God! Take care and count your blessings, big hugs xx



10 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey sweetie I have missed you wanted to pop over and see what you have been up to. Oh my word your pool UGHHHHHHH I am so glad you have electric though and everyone is safe. What a mess Sandy left behind, we had a ton of rain and high high winds but nothing compared to so many others.... WOOWWEEEE as always your creation is over the top AMAZING...I love all those images and your card style is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I always have admired your creations and your awesome coloring!!! Big hugs so glad you are safe and sound :)

Joey said...

Hi Angela, glad you are all ok after the storm. Your card is stunning, so many beautifully coloured images. Joey x

Sylvia said...

OMG Angela, this is incredible beautiful. I am so glad I am back in blogland. You are an expert in creating scenes. Also I am glad that you and your family are oke after the storm.
xxxSylvia

Norma said...

WOWZER, Angela, this is just over the top fabulous. Your creativity and imagination is phenomenal. Love the wonderful scene you've created. The sliding Edwin is sooo... cute. I have to add slider card on my to-do list.
Hugs,
Norma

OMG, your pool!!! So sorry to see it like that.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I guess there won't be any swimming for a while, glad you are safe, your card is just beautiful, I love all the skiing Magnolias, so pretty
Hugs Julie P

Sharon Caudle said...

Well first, I'm so happy you're safe and sound and that you have your electricity back! Your poor pool!! :( But it sure didn't affect your creativity! This is so gorgeous, Angela! I love it! Beautiful coloring and fabulous design!! Amazing! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!
hugs, Sharon

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous creation Angela.
glad your oke with your family.
take care.

greetings karin

Suzan L said...

Hi Angela, I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are okay! Oh My Goodness! Your card is so gorgeous! What a wonderful scene you have created with the Tildas and Edwins. I love how the Ski Edwin can move back and forth...how adorable! Your coloring so beautiful as well!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan

cabio's craft corner said...

So sorry to see your pool Angela, that's terrible, but at the same time, I am so glad you and family are safe!!
Cute and beautiful card with all these beauitful colored images. What a great idea to combine the slider and step card together in one project. Thanks for the fun and great inspiration :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sinikka said...

This is once again a beauty. Such a sweet scene......the magnolia's really have fun.
Hugs Sinikka