Monday, January 18, 2010

Sew Many Challenges #1 - Anything Goes



Hi there. Today I wanted to join in on the Sew Many Challenges challenge blog. Their very first challenge is "anything goes." So I used this image which was a freebie that was offered at their blog. Isn't she cute? I believe her name is Eris. If you are interested, you can find other digital images of Eris and many other animals at the Sew Many Cards store. There are all sorts of whimsical animals there like tigers, owls, donkeys, etc. all with a "sewn together" look. Really cute!



I made a stair step card following the splitcoast stampers tutorial. I used Basic Grey papers, spellbinders hearts dies, copic markers, and an embroidered flower.



Thanks for visiting me today. I'll be back tomorrow with another DT project for the Inky Impressions Challenge blog. Have a great day!

30 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

oh my gosh Angela!!! WOW!!!! I absolutely love this card!!! Your coloring is AMAZING to say the least!!!! I have copics and mine never looks anything like that when I'm through lol You definitely made Eris look adorable!!!! Wow love the papers and everything about this card!!!! Awesome awesome job!!

Thanks for playing with us at Sew Many Challenges this week!!! Hope to see you in many more!

Unknown said...

You coloring is better than any I have EVER seen! wow-I am SEW impressed. You did an amazing job with your stair step card and all the details-
Thank you sew much for playing with us at Sew Many Challenges.

Angela
SewManyCards.com

Crystal said...

Angela this is sooooo super SWEET oh my word is he ever sooooo adorable!!! you make the GREATEST cards/projects!!! Fabulous Valentine!! Hugs!

Sandi said...

your color choices divine, that elephant is about the sweetest I think I have seen. Love, love love this card. Hugs

Anonymous said...

I love, love this card - you did a great job! Sew cute!!!

Cardmaking Galore said...

this is superb - I love the colours and the elephant is just gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness girl!! That is just PRECIOUS as can be!! I love that sweet image and your entire creation!! ADORABLE!! :) HUGS

Kit said...

Gorgeous card I love how you have coloured in the elephant its beautiful

stephanne said...

Awwwww, this is really sweet, your colouring is superb and I love the fun shapes you have included!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute, wonderful coloring and details.

Crealin said...

Hey Angela,

your card is really wonderful, that stair step card is so original (gonna try it too ;-) and your coloring is the best I've ever seen. simply super!

Big hug,

Lins x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Angela this is sew amazing I love your stair step with the heart in the back! WOW! Beth

KymKreates said...

stunning job on the coloring and the stair step!
Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges.
KymKreates

DesertBuni said...

WOW! Oh WOW!!!! can you say Flawless?!?!?! OMG, your card is just Perfect! Thanks for playing with us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

HEY ANGELA!!!! I haven't seen you around LOL!! GIRL YOU DID AWSOME ! WOW!!! as always your colring is just perfect. Allt he colrs you used made the image pop. you added some girly stuff that just melts you. YOU DID FANTASTIC HUN!! GO GIRL!!RubyM:)

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is just adorable - how beautifully coloured and I love all the dimension. Kim

cabio's craft corner said...

This is the cutest and the sweetest Valentine card I have ever seen Angel!! Your coloring is always so superb :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kym Weber said...

Stunning stair step card! Your coloring is absolutely amazing! Gorgeous dp! You've done a fabulous job! Thanks for playing along with us at Sew Many Cards! Hope you'll be joining us for the next challenge.
Hugs,
Kym

Myrna said...

Angela this is soooo cute. Awesome job of coloring. Myrna

Debra James said...

Love, Love this card- the elephant is sooo cute sitting in the hearts. Fabulous valentine card. You should enter this in the Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hugs xxxx

Jodie from Oz said...

Wow Angela, this is so cute, a wonderful Valentine's Day card. You have given Eris life with your wonderful colouring, it just pops off the page. Your papers and design beautiful. Hugs Jodie from Oz

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG this is soooooo stinkin cute!! This card is amazing, your colouring everything WOW.
Kristy x

kim.mom said...

WOWSA!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! Your coloring is superb!!! So glad you played along with Sew Many Challenges! So...when are you going to start copic tutorials???

Anonymous said...

cute as can be Angela! hey, you aren't listing the colors you're using! hey!!!!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

Oh Wow, how fantastic, great colouring, great everything. Just love it. Hope to see you again at Sew Many Cards.

Peggy said...

This is adorable. I love what you did with the image. I wish I could cut that well. Great job!

kim.mom said...

Congratulations!!! You did an awesome job on this card! I wasn't kidding about giving copic tutorials! I hope you will as your coloring is fantastic!!!

Crealin said...

Hi Angela,

I just saw that you've won the challenge. Jippie, I want to congratulate you!

Big hug,

Lins x

Amber (bambi64) said...

Awesome card. Congrats on winning!! Love your coloring. Would like to know what shades you used for Eris.. love her blue!!!

Jean said...

So this is the famous elephant card... ok I do LOVE it... no wonder it won a prize... it is too much and you deserve to win.. simply delicious...
Hugs, Jean