I love this snowy white holiday scene with the bright lights emanating from the windows! So our challenge is a "white christmas." Here is what I came up with:
My friend Crystal gave me the idea of making a lantern small enough to hang on a Christmas tree and after seeing all the beautiful lanterns that Norma (one of my favorite designers) made, I had to give it a try but had to make something smaller scaled. So I pulled out my spellbinder dies and got busy. My light element is a battery operated tea light. You can't see the light too well in this photo but the others show the light much better.
My image is Tilda in Winter Light which doesn't seem to be in stock at the Magnolia-licious store right now but will soon be. Here is a link to the mini image of Tilda in Winter Light - oh so sweeet! I also used a Magnolia Doohickey die for the swirls on the sides and back of my lantern - I LOVE MY DOOHICKEYS!! ;)
I will enter this project at the following challenges:
Delightful Challenges - embossing
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - ornament
Stampin With the Dragon - sparkle
Totally Gorjuss Challenge - snow
Allsorts Challenge - last minute Christmas project
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - winter wishes
Wags n Whiskers - snowflakes
Stamp with Fun - christmas
Pink Elephant - winter wonderland
Well, thanks so much for visiting me today. I hope you can play along with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog! I'll look for you there! big hugs!!








57 comments:
That's gorgeous altered project Angela. I actually finished a lantern a while ago, but never get a chance to post it. But I love yours. Yours is shorter and it's perfect to fit for the Christmas tree as an ornament. This really gave me a great idea. I might have to case yours and do some for tree ornament for next year!! Thanks so much for sharing this :o)
Hugs,
Cabio
OMG!!!! you are so talented. I can't stop looking at this beautiful lantern. Your coloring is lovely and the design of the lantern is amazing.
what a lovely idea to put a battery operated tea light inside. I haven't seen those here in Australia. Not to say we haven't got any.
TFS your incredible creation.
Hugs Maz
WOW Angela! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! What lovely detail, and Tilda looks so sweet - Love it!
Judi xx
Heel knap gedaan hoor Angela!Die lantaarns zien er schitterend uit...ik mis aleen de tijd ;-((
Heel veel liefs,Celia.
wow angela your lantern is very beautiful.
great project also your image.
greetings karin
Woww this is really stunning Angela!! Love the light!
Hugs Kristel
Oh my WORD Angela this is sooo amazing, When I mentioned a lantern I had noooo idea you would come up with such a STUNNING piece of art!!! Well maybe I did teeheee :) You truly took this over and beyond it is soooo beautiful and that image is just PERFECT!!! You really amaze me sweetie!!! Big huge HUGS!!!
OMG!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! You are so talented Angela and your coloring is terrific!!! I would love to have one of this on my Christmas tree!! (LOL) for sure!!!
A very Happy Christmas to you and your family!!!
Regina
Hi Angel...love it!!! I really like the smaller version of the lantern! Love the embossing and your coloring is just stunning, lov!! Pat Frank
Angela, just simply gorgeous!!!!!!! I had the same idea of using a small one on the tree! This is too cute and love the white!!!
Hugs, Dena
Very pretty. Love the soft glow this gives. Love your Tilda, she is adorable. Thanks for sharing.
ohhhh that is Beautiful~!
Angela you are just AMAZING with the ideas you come up with and your coloring is just GORGEOUS!!!!! Love the color of Tilda's coat! Beautiful project!!!! You need to do a tutorial on your lamp!!!! I'd love to make some for my tree. Myrna
STUNNING! That is the only word for this gorgeous creation! I can't imagine all the measuring you must have done to get your openings all lined up perfectly. I'm so mathematically challenged it would be hopeless for me. Your coloring of Tilda is beautiful and with the yellow of the light shining through your panel the entire effect is perfect for this challenge! Awesome work!
Hugs,
Barb
That is so beautiful. Really incredibly lovely. All the detail is breathtaking!
Sue S.
this is so beautiful can't wait to try and make some
Amazing, gorgeous, simply stunning!! I love your lantern and your image is perfect!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angela, this lantern is a PHENOMENAL WORK OF ART!!!! Love, love this beautiful project!!!!!!
Oh Angela,
What a mosts beautiful tree lantern! I don't know how you managed to figure it out to make it small enough for the tree, but it is a brilliant idea!
Your colouring is AWESOME and so is the decorated lantern. I keep looking and looking at this beautiful work of art!
LOVE IT!!!
Hugs, Candy
this is soooooo beautiful, I love it x
This is really beautiful!! I have been wanting to try this out and I hope to before the holiday is over!!
Your Tilda is colored perfectly as always!
Hugs
Jodi =)
Angela, I rarely use the word stunning to describe cards. Usually i just use beautiful and wonderful but all the cards I've seen are, but this lantern is stunning! It is utterly stunning!
Hugs,
Jackie
Hi Angela,
GORGEOUS !!!!!
Greetings, Jaimie
Anglea this is the prettiest ornament I have seen I would love for you to share your instructions with me. Your coloring is just beautiful !
Hugs
Wow Angela, this is stunning! I love how it's for the tree. It's gorgeous!
This is simply gorgeous! I am sure it took a long time to make it that beautiful, but it was worth it! I don't have that Maggie, but am going to have to get it!
Simply beautiful Angela.. so beautifully decorated and love the light showing through.. makes such a wonderful tree ornament.. and awesome Christmas gifts.. (hint) anyway it is gorgeous and a perfect ornament... Great job.'
Hugs, Jean
so beautiful. i love the decorations and the colours used. makes me wish i could have a white xmas instead of a very hot and sunny one, like we do in australia
WOWZER girl!! How creative you are with these Magnolias hun!! Stunning design and so elegant!!! Love that it's for the tree too!! TFS! HUGS
Your little lantern is awesome!!!! I love the way you decorated the sides and embossed the paper.
Your tree must be so pretty.
Thanks for sharing! :o)
Oh Angela!!!! This is stunning, hun!!!! Your coloring is amazing and your design is gorgeous! I can only imagine how much work went into this, but it was worth every second! LOVE it!!!
hugs, Sharon
Angela,
THis is just gorgeous! Loving all the details. Such a terrific project and done with excellence!
Blessings to you~
Leslie Avila
Beyond beautiful. Your a very talented person. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth
Just gorgeous Angela--beautiful in every detail!
hugz,
Suzanne
OMGoodness just beautiful.. I
love your coloring. Great Christmas gift.
Hugs Linda
Angela Angela Angela, I adore this. I want to make one to for my tree. Maybe you should do a tute too, so we can all make one. Seriously!!! Think about it. Awesome colouring of this adorable Tilda--LOL, I don't expect anything else from you. Love all the embellishments--just added the perfect touch to your ornament.
Hugs,
Norma
This project is awesome. You did a great job creating this lantern for the M-lBC. WOW! LC
Angela this is beautiful and to make them for a Christmas tree is perfect! I really want you to do a tutorial on how to make this!
PLEASE!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas Angela!
Sandy Claus
Hi Angela
What a wonderful project, so very special and it must look really wonderful on the tree.
Thank you for sharing with us at Stamptacular Sunday this week and good luck.
B x
This is so darling, Angela. I love this project. Beautifully done in white yet, the details really stand out.
I'm gonna have to give it a try. I make a special orament every year for my grandkids and I think they would just love this.
Big Hugz,
Cathy Lee
oh gorgeous sparkle and shine and super creation thanks for playing along with us at Stampin with the Dragon
Hugs Kate xx
Oh Angela, your lantern is just adorable. I love all of the details and the beautiful swirls and snowflakes. Tilda is colored gorgeously! Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday.
Wow! Wow! Wow! Ohmygosh, Angela, your little lantern is absolutely stunning!!! What a great idea to make a smaller version to hand as an ornament. I'm speechless, but this surely is gorgeous! Hugs, Cami
Wow! Wow! Wow! Ohmygosh, Angela, your little lantern is absolutely stunning! I love how you scaled it down to make it into an ornament to hang on the Christmas tree! Very clever and I would love to do something like this next year! I'm speechless, but this is so gorgeous! Hugs, Cami
(I don't know what happened to my earlier comment!)
Absolutely stunning Angela!!!
What a gorgeous little lantern.
Thanks for joining us at delightful Challenges,
Mary
How did you do that!!it is sooo beautiful :)
do you have a link that teach me how to make it :)
totally love it!
thanks for playing along with dutch dare challenge :)
hugs
yenni :)
Lovely! Thanks for playing along with Stampin with the Dragon.
WOW this is truly beautiful
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx
what a Gorgeous lamp!! Just Beautiful!!!
Wow you are incredible. I just LOVE this. It is perfect in every way! hugs xxoo
Oh - My - God!!!! How beautiful lantern!!! It´s amazing!!! And Tilda looks so cute with your fantastic colouring :)
Thank you for sharing this beauty with us :)
And thank you for joining at SSC this week :)
Hugs,
Karita
Gorgeous project. Thanks for playing at Stampin With the Dragon.
Hugs Nataliya.
wow what a beautiful ornament. I love everything about it. This is gorgeous! Good luck on the challenge.
OH Shoots am i late!!!!!!!!! You know i love you hun i didn't mean to be late!!! I've been working on so many things and this lat minute gig i got you know lol!!! IN CASE NO ONE HAS CALLED IT.I got dibs on it lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know i'm a big fan on your coloring and then you top it off with a craft project whooohoooo UTTERLY GORGEOUS!!!! Um you have my address???? huh huh huh??? ooookkkk kidding,So much fun coming over to see what your up to((hugs))RubyM:)
Wow, this is amazing! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Angela,
I've never seen a lantern like this before. It's absolutely STUNNING! The perfect execution of a great idea :-)
Happy Holiday!
Angie
www.scrapgirl-angie.blogspot.com
www.scrapgirl-magnolia.blogspot.com
WOW, this is gorgeous!!! Great job!!!
Post a Comment