Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Little Darlings Challenge #1 - Summer

Happy Wednesday to you! Today is our first challenge over at Little Darlings Challenges and our theme for the next couple weeks is SUMMER! That's an easy one especially with these cute images! I love them all and couldn't resist using several in my project today.  I made a shadow box and included a photo of one of my daughters (Christina) at the beach and embellished with shells that we found at the beach together.


I found this shadow box at my local Michael's Arts and Crafts store and painted it blue then went over it with Crackle paint by Tim Holtz. I spelled out Summer Fun with these cute tag stickers that I also picked up at Michael's and embellished the box with some shells and stones that my daughter and I found along the beach.  I used these gorgeous Webster's Pages papers that I got at Love To Stamp. I love that postcard stamp by Whimsy that I got at Love To Stamp along with these sweet Little Darlings: Shellphone, Sailboat of Dreams, and Testing the Waters.

Here are a few close-ups:







I hope you'll pick up some of these sweet images and play along with us at Little Darlings Challenges.   Fabulous prizes can be won if you play along!  You do not have to use a Little Darlings stamp to enter. If you win and you are not using a Little Darling stamp participants will win a $10 gift certificate. However, if you do use a Little Darling stamp you will win a $20 gift certificate. Also, there is still time to play along at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges as Love To Stamp is the sponsor! 

I will enter this project at the following challenges:

Creative Cowgirls - summertime fun
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
A Spoonful of Sugar - here comes summer
Bearly Mine - anything goes
Craft Room Challenge - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

 I hope you enjoyed my project today and can leave me a message on what you think of it! Thanks so much for visiting me today! Have a great week!

25 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful angela, what a lovely idea, to frame it this we.
great job you did again.

greetings karin

Danielle Champagne said...

I love your project Angela, gives inspiration on using stamps for other than cards, would also make a lovely scrapbook page.
Have a nice day.

Myrna said...

Hi Angela!
Love how you put three images and your daughter in your project. Very cool that you used shells you had picked up together! What a special project. As always LOVE your coloring! Feel better!

Anonymous said...

Wowzer Angela, your project is amazing and what a wonderful keepsake too!! Gorgeous coloring and details!! I love the added seashells on the frame!! Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous project, Angela! Love the different images you used with the pic of your daughter! The shells look great and it's cool that they're ones you gathered with your daughter. Makes it even more special!
hugs!

Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE this idea Angela, sooooo fun and creative sweetie!!!! Your creativity always amazes me sweetie! Hope everything is going good, miss you girly!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Amazing project yet again GF!! I just love the picture of Christina and your use of all the images. Gorgeous coloring!!
hugs,
Chris

Zoechaos said...

Smashing picture frame wonderful way to scrap your pictures. good luck with your new challenge and thank you for sharing with us at our first week for Craft-Room Challenge. XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

Gorgeous piece, and a great display. I love it. Good luck in the Craft-Room Challenge and thanks for joining us. Maria x

Kim B said...

Just beautiful. Love the coloring and the way you used a frame. Thanks so much for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge

Anonymous said...

Stunning piece of artwork, I love it. Good luck and thanks for joining Craft-Room Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Julia xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing this with us at Bearly Mine.xxx

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love all the details on your card!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge,
Marianne

Nikki Byrne said...

What a great project, some gorgeous images and great colouring. Thanks for joining our first challenge at Craft room challenge. Nikki DT

Nicola said...

This is really lovely, what an inspiration you are, I love seeing what your next creation is as you never disappoint! Great use of images, photo and embellies, the combo is perfect!
Love Nicola xxx

Nicola said...

This is really lovely, what an inspiration you are, I love seeing what your next creation is as you never disappoint! Great use of images, photo and embellies, the combo is perfect!
Love Nicola xxx

Eve said...

what a beautiful piece you created!! Luv all the details!! :-)

cabio's craft corner said...

What a great use on each of these stamps Angela!! Cute and fun summer embellies and inhad a great time going through all the lovely details :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Debi said...

Angela this is really cool both in idea and in the actual complete project- fun and divine all rolled into one- Thanks for joining us at CRC Debi x

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

YOU CLEVER LADY LOL!

Love the LO and the pictures are adorable lol!

Your such an Einstein LOL!Ruby♥

Granny Gee said...

What a gorgeous layout and project :D Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Crafteezee said...

Love it Angela. It's great that you've put all that time into creating something that you get to keep. Love the images you have used and those shells are just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine. Hugs Tracy x

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Love this project and great use of all the elements! Love the sea shells on the frame and the layout does an excellent job distributing the focus. Wonderful job!

Janet said...

Totally gorgeous and unique! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cowgirls. Janet DT member

Sharon Caudle said...

Well you already know how much I love this (and all of your work), but now I'm back to say thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope to see you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon