Monday, June 13, 2011

The Official Magnolia Inspiration Challenge - TOMIC #2

It's time for another challenge at TOMIC.  As I told you last time, the DT has been split up into several groups and I'm in Group 1, so I get to play today.  We have a color challenge for you this week and the colors are PINK, BROWN, and WHITE.  Here is my card:



My main colors are pink, brown, and white but I did add touches of other colors for visual interest. I love making these stair step cards. There's lots of room to add all kinds of details and dimension to your scenes.  I've been wanting to use these cute Magnolia elf images for a long time and I decided this was the time to use them even if it isn't Christmas.  They are meant to be Christmas elves but I changed them to be garden gnomes and paired them up with Make It Crafty's Mushroom house.  These 2 images are:   Sitting Alva and Alva With Flower from the Jingle Jangle Collection 2008.  I thought I had Alf also in my collection but  was mistaken -  he would have made a nice addition to this scene.  I also used Magnolia's Big Daisy (Jingle Jangle collection), Hugo the Snail (Sweet Rainbow collection),  Mushroom with Snail (Sweet Rainbow collection), and Small Snail (from Fairytale collection).  I wish I could tell you where my sentiment came from but I bought it last year at a local stamp show convention. Sorry!





I used several Doohickey dies on this card also. They are:  Heart Swirl, Leaf and Swirl die, and the Fence doohickey die.

I used the following copics to color this scene: R85, R83, R81, RV11, RV10, W3, W1, W00, C9, C3, C1, C00, E11, E02, E01, E00, E000, R20, E53, E51, E50, G99, YG97, YG95, YG93, G21, G20, E74, E71, E70, E35, YR23, Y23, Y21, Y000 - I think that's everything.

I will enter this stair step card at the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments - sparkle (mushrooms have stickles on them)
Crafts and Me - stamp something
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - anything goes

**************************************************
**Love To Stamp News**

On a different topic, today starts the sneak peeks of the new Little Darlings stamps release at Love To Stamp. Please visit the Love To Stamp Store blog for more information. Also, Angie has some blog candy on her blog (the whole new Little Darlings stamp release).  Please visit her blog for more info.  Don't forget to enter our current challenge over at the Little Darlings Challenge blog - remember - you can use any stamp to enter our challenges.

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog today and thank you so much for any comments you may leave, they are always appreciated! Have a great day!

38 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Angela...all I can say is holy moly girl. No one can do scenes or stairstep cards like you dear friend. You truly are amazing and your cards must take hours to create with all the stunning details, numerous colored images that are colored to perfection and your design. You are always an inspiration!!!
Hope you are having a great day!
Biggest of hugs!
~Chris

Debra James said...

OMY, I don't think I could ever say enough wonderful things that would give your card creation the credit it deserves. You have created an absolute stunning card, and I'm in awe....Just jaw dropping gorgeous, xxxxxx

Renkata said...

OMG Angela,
you have created Fairyland, it's such a magical card.

Unknown said...

Hi Angela, OMG this is so drop dea gorgeous!! It looks like loads of work, but it is abslutely stunning. Hugs, Frea

Myrna said...

This is just tooooo cute Angela! It is all just "perfect" together. Beautiful coloring and designing of this awesome card!

Sharon Caudle said...

Angela this card is sooo adorable!!! You truly have created a little fantasy land!! I love the colors and that amazing little house for those cute little gnomes! Gorgeous!!!!
hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

WOWZER Angela, you are just too crazy good kid!! LOVE this detailed and beautifully designed creation!! Your coloring looks just as beautifully too!! Thanks for sharing your inspiration hun!! :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's gorgeous again angela, wow what a coloring, beautiful images and design.
you did a great job to make this.
lots off details.

greetings karin

Janiel/ janny said...

ANGELA This is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!! The coloring is stunning as always!! Love love love ALL of the details!! You have such a nak for scenes dear. BEAUTIFUL or I should say more than beautiful!!! Lots of time spend on your creations and it shows!!!!!
have a great week, hugs Janiel

Crystal said...

WOWWEEEE I LOVE your fairy land this is just toooo brilliant!! Every detail looks amazing!!!!!

CraftyC said...

Wow, its stunning Angela. So pretty and beautifully embellished
Clairexx

coldwaters2 said...

Outstanding creation Angela, the detail is amazing I am almost speechless this is magical, totally awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Norma said...

Angela, you’re blowing me away…again! This is totally awesome. And there’s so much to see. My eyes went darting from here and there, back to here, back to there… I luvvvv this. And now I want those elves too, LOL.
I’ve only done one stair step card , ages ago… and that one time I thought my card suck.
Anyway, amazing job on this.
Hugs,
Norma

Danni said...

Totally speechless..wow..oh my!! You are just so creative!! This is stunning!

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Wow your card is so adorable, love it, Bye Mascha

Chris said...

Angela, this is just breathtaking! It is so dynamic while being tender and sweet. It must have taken days to get this done. Oh, bless you! I love the depth of the colors. You are jut amazing! Wow!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Angela!
Everything has been said about this gorgeous creation. It is stunningly beautiful. Pink is the perfect color for this beauty. I love the snail with the pink shell. Love those mushrooms. Love Alva on the flowers. The mushroom house.....all of it.
A big well done Angela.
Hugs Maz

Unknown said...

Wow! What a gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers and hope to see you again on 6/19 for our button challenge.

Hugs,
Stephanie

cabio's craft corner said...

Angela, I won't even called it a card, it is definitely an awesome artwork. Full of details and beautiful workmanship. Beyond perfect!
Hugs,
Cabio

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

I want to copy and paste everybodies comments because I think the same LOL!!


whoooooo MAMA!!!!!


A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!

RUBY♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, Oh my word this is just jaw dropping...WOWWEEEEE, I can't take my eyes off it..You are so creative, this is on another level hun. The colours are stunning and I just SOOOO need that Mushroom house...A master piece!!!!!!

Fantastic design Ang

x
Vicky

Karen said...

WOw! THis is amazing! : )

Christina C. said...

This is such an amazing creation, Angela....love everything about it!
The mushroom house is absolutely perfect with those two adorable images! Your coloring is magnificent...love the sentiment!

Chris said...

This is awesome. Great job!

Cami said...

OMG Angela, this is over the top gorgeous! Love this little fantasy card with all the images so beautifully colored! You are SO talented!
Hugs, Cami

Anonymous said...

did it all start with the Christmas scene living room????? lol Sometimes I have a good memory! lol This is fabulous Angela. Right out of a story book! Love it! Totally charming!

celia said...

I totally agree with what my predecessors told!But I still want to be clear again say WOOOOAAAAUUUUUW!
Hug,Celia.

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! It's just like a fairytail.

This is really awesomE!

Greest,
Danielle

Sharon said...

A superb creation, wow... what a lot of work this must have been. hugs Sharon

Iulia said...

Amazing card! So many details and those little gnomes look fantastic! Great coloring as usual and magnificent color choice!
Love it!
Hugs, Iulia

Lisette Morris said...

STUNNING!!! Thank you for sharing your colors too. I love them!!

Elle said...

Oh my goodness girl....this is breathtaking!

Barb F said...

I am not really "into" elves or fairies, but this card is great!! Your coloring and composition are fabulous!!!!!

Diana Crick said...

Words escape me. There are I am sure a million adjectives to describe your card...the one that first comes to mind is "stunning" MASTERPIECE. I probably spent at least 15 minutes just devouring and savoring every moment as I kept making new discoveries. If your card is for sale please let me know, it would be perfect for my grandchildren. There are so many stories I could tell them.
hugs, Diana

Heather said...

Wow! What an amazing card, thanks for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Sentiments :)

Patti Jo said...

I think everyone has said it...OMG!!! Just LOVE your color combinations on this awesome card. Fantastic coloring and look at all the fun images you've used! So inspiring Angela!!!

Zoe said...

My gosh - what could I possibly add that hasn't been said already so I am just going to say " What everyone else said X 10!!" hehehe

You are the master of scenes AND the master of the smoothest copic colouring ever!!

xxxooo

Sandy said...

Unbelievable Angela - absolutely unbelievable! Such a wonderful place to escape to - and I could live in that mushroom right now. Beautiful creation! XO
Sandy