Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Smash and Magnolia Blog hop

Good morning everyone!  I'm so excited to be part of the Smash book/Magnolia Blog Hop.  A bunch of us Magnolia lovers are "SMASHING" and have created a book or a few pages of a book and incorporated Magnolia images.  If you've come from Irene's beautiful blog, then you are in the right place.

I went to Michael's and I found a huge 12x12 SMASH scrapbook. I have been wanting to create scrapbooks for my daughters for a long time but unfortunately I am the biggest procrastinator on the planet (much to my husband's frustration - lol), so I thought this would be the perfect excuse to begin a "School Days" scrapbook for my daughter. 

This is my cover:


Here is the first page. I saved some pages in front of this one so I can put some of my daughter's preschool photos. Unfortunately, I am so disorganized and have to search through some boxes for those photos. 


Here is my second page. I loved using this Wasabi tape that I found. I am accumulating quite the collection of these.


As you can see, I only managed to finish up to 1st Grade but I thought that was a pretty good start.  I really had fun working on these pages but wish I didn't wait so long to get these photos into a scrapbook.  My memory is a bit fuzzy but my girls seem to remember quite a bit so they were a big help.  I need to work on 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth grade then I'll be caught up with that book.  I really need to work on my older daughter's book. She's moving on to high school this fall and I have loads to work on with her book.  Baby steps....

The Magnolia images I used today are:

Tilda With Pencils
Tilda With Slate
Running Tilda
Angel Tilda (link to mini image)
Tree With Carved Heart
Little Birds
Rainbow With Clouds (link to mini image)
Tilda reading a book and Lying down Tilda  (I haven't been able to find the proper name or link for - sorry)

Well, thanks for joining us for our Magnolia Smash* Hop! We have 8 sponsors and there will be 8 winners! All you have to do is leave all of us a comment and come back Friday April 27th and see if you are a lucky winner!

Now take a look at our fabulous sponsors.

3 Mini Magnolia Stamps

$25 Gift Certificate

Little Darlings

Any Little Darling, Cutie Pie Or Warm Fuzzy Sentiment
Saturated Canary



Any 2 Digis

Your next stop on this hop is the very talented Kellie Winnell.  Can't wait to see what she's created for the the hop!  Please make sure you stop and comment on everyone's blog for your chance to win one of these terrific prizes.

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs to you!

95 comments:

Hlora said...

Cute album!!! Love the pages a lot) Great creation!

Sylvia said...

What a work Angela!! You did a beautiful job with this book. I think your daughter will be very proud of her mother.
xxxSylvia

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh that is just great!! Love it!! Thanks for this hop! and some goodies *hopping away*

Kellie said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW This is absolutely amazing! I love your front cover and love what you have planned for it with your kids and school, blew me away!

Moni said...

Fab album and all Tilda images are so cute. Hugs,moni

Pedacinhos di Pano by Claudia said...

HI Angela!

I see you look like me, lol, at least in part of leaving some things to go after, oh my god the lives of women I know are really racing. lol.

I loved his smash very cheerful and beautiful.
I'll see if I can put into practice my animation and take my drawer to smash something beautiful too.

Hugs
Claudia♥♥

Anne said...

This is such a fun album, love the craft mixed with all the colors. Stunning!
Every image is perfect, and fits so well into the album.

Hugs, Anne.

Yulis Kartika said...

what a great work Angela! and that would be SMASH everyone that stopping here :)

Many loves,
Yulis
http://yuliswithmagnolia.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Scull said...

oh wow! I didn't realize that Smash made 12x12 books.... this is fantastic! :)

paperpapier said...

love the back to school page, Tilda holding book with her spectacles on looks sooo...cute!

Jenny said...

WOW what a great book - You have given me so many ideas for my own little one - Thank you :-) Your daughter must so pleased. Jenny x

Алена said...

love your book! it's very interesting and funny))

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow angela this is very beautiful again.
that bookwork is very beautiful made.


greetings karin

Jane said...

This is amazing Angela! love the gorgeous bright colours - so perfect for a school book! hugs, Jane xxx

Shelby said...

All of these pages are fantastic and just love the clean design with the incorporation of the different Magnolia stamps. Beautiful work

Shelby

alethea said...

Oh I'm so inspired to start SMASHing!! This is gorgeous!! HUgsxx

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my goodness! this is utterly adorable, I love your book, I need to get myself some of these to make for my Grandchildren. Thank you for the inspiration.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anneke said...

Wow Angela, what a great smash book!! I love it :) Hugs Anneke

franzesjoi said...

oooh this is WOW!! love the pages.. the cover page.. soo pretty!! wanna make this for my boys...

Louise said...

WOWSERS ANGELA!
This is absolutely gorgeous! Such an amazing memory scrapbook for your daughter - she will treasure this forever and ever! Stunningly put togheter with as always lovely and beyond inking :)

Hugs

Pam Sparks said...

Awesome Angela! What a treasure! This book will be well loved! Your Tilda's are gorgeous and perfect for it!

Jolanda said...

Wow . . this is amazing. Beautiful colors

Janine said...

I love your album/Smash pages. It's a great way for you both to remember those special moments. Our children's school photos are just in a big plastic bag. I really should do something like this before they leave for Uni. Hugs, Janine xx

Myrna said...

Love how you did your smash school book!! Beautiful coloring as always.

Country Mouse said...

What a sweet book! Such great memories!!!

Country Mouse said...

What a sweet book! Such great memories!!!

Yvonne said...

Lovely book! And the Magnolia's used fit so nicely. Regards, Yvonne

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh Angelia....A JOB WELL DONE!!! What a great little fun book!!
Hope your week is great dear..
hugs...Janiel

Eva Marie said...

Gorgeous..gorgeous ♥
I love this blog hop. it realy sets me in the mood to make one myselves!
Hugs

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your creation is amazing, love it.

Hugs
Heike

My Handmade Expressions said...

Dear Angela, I've never seen a 12x12 SMASH book and I love it! What a great idea to turn it into a scrapbook for school days. Every single page of your book is awesome.
hugs,
Paola

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Angela! Sooo sorry it's been so long since I've been by to visit! There just aren't enough hours in the day anymore. *sigh* But I LOVE your smashbook! Your coloring is always top notch and I love your use of all the Magnolias! They're perfect! Amazing work as always my friend!
hugs, Sharon

Unknown said...

Tilda reading a book is adorable!!!!

Nicola said...

Beautifully inspiring creation Angela with gorgeous piccies and designs incorporating fab Maggies too! Good for you on this wonderful start to such a great scrapbook crammed full of memories - know what you mean about baby steps, but your creation may well help me too to make a start - thanks!
Hugs Nicola xxx

The Art Town said...

cute album! nice!

Akinka said...

Very cute!!! Love the album! :)

Lily Anuska said...

This is wonderful book Angela. So colorful. Beautiful first page and images and embellishment inside. I love it. Have a nice day. Lily Anuska

Stampin Mindy said...

Angela,
This is lovely. Beautiful work. You colored all those Magnolias beautifully!

Hugs, Mindy

Sonia said...

Hi Angela
Wow! this is a Super Great album, Adorable-Fabulous smash pages, love it. Thanks for your inspiration. GREAT JOB
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your daughters smash book! It is funny how it is always easier to create for other people hey! Thanks for the inspiration! I have been slowly doing a scrapbook for my daughter but I am pretty sure I will just have to keep it for myself!! LOL

cebelica said...

Ooooh, this is so beautiful. Fab work! Hugs! xx

Yani said...

Wow Angela, this is absolutely gorgeous and such a terrific idea! I'm sure that your dd is going to treasure this forever... it's all beautiful! Thanks for sharing and for joining us in this blog hop!!

Marj said...

Very cute! The different pages are wonderful!

Shari said...

what a great keepsake your smash book will be! Great job!

LaJanette said...

This is so cool! You should be very proud; you did lots! Loving all the images and pictures that you were able to fit in this bigger Smash book. My son is in Kinder now and think this is a great project to start now! Thanks for the inspiration:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Angie said...

love that cover and all your embellishments.one of my favorite things was my school days book my mom kept for me.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Oh! I love this. So well made! Can I make this for my son?

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great idea. Your pages are fabulous.

Christina C. said...

WOW, WOW, WOW....THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL WORK OF ART AND HEART! What a treasure!!! Your daughter will cherish this forever!

leonenkarin.blogspot.com said...

On my list "thing to do " (a very long list ;D ) is to make a photoalbum too. So maybe after this hopping I am really starting one :D Love the way you bild up yours. Hugs, Karin

Unknown said...

Hi Angela, love your smashbook, but I must admit, to me it looks sort of like a scrapbook. I'm not into smashbooking yet, but I do like what I see. Hugs, Frea

Elizabeth said...

Love your beatuiful magnolia- creations, Angela. The little Maggies sure put an extra touch to the album. Looks great!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Aartje said...

What a beautyful time document. It is great to see all the beautyful pictures and details. Thanks for showing it.
Hugs Aartje

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Smash pages and a great idea to do a school theme, Thanks for the inspiration
Hugs Julie P

Sinikka said...

A perfect school smash book.
Hugs Sinikka

Crea Astrid said...

Wowwww, what beautiful. Nice details too.

Hugs AStrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Crea Astrid said...

I thought it was really fun to blog hopping. The DT has very nice things posted. Unfortunately I can not respond to Kellie. 've Already tried three times, but I just can not.

Hugs AStrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Crea Astrid said...

I thought it was really fun to blog hopping. The DT has very nice things posted. Unfortunately I can not respond to Kellie. 've Already tried three times, but I just can not.

Hugs AStrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Totally gorgeous, a wonderful way to collect memories and I will be heading off to get my first smash book soon!

Thanks for the wonderful blog hop and the opportunity to win candy!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Laura Figueroa Colon said...

Great album. I'm sure your girls will cherish them

Karina said...

Love that idea of a smash book. Yours looks so wonderful! Thank you so much for the inspiration.
Hugs, Karina

Unknown said...

What a wonderful keepsake that your daughter will treasure. Tilda looks so cute as part of the page.

Emma said...

What a great idea! I love how you are doing a school book. Thanks so much for sharing!

Jeanma said...

Another great idea on how to use the smash book, like a mini album when we do not have the time to sit and do layouts!!! Thanks for sharing!

Scrapper Myra said...

Oh it's so cool. Love the work and all the school elements with the magnolias. TFS.

Irene Daryanto said...

Angela, absolutely love the 12X12 cover, makes me want them, great idea to do school project too. Happy to be with you in this hop.
Hugs xxx

Ayu (MimiPipi Craft) said...

Awesome smash book Angela.. ^^

Bethany Becker said...

What a great way to use a Smash book. Thanks for sharing.

scrappinpeg said...

awesome work! This is so darn adorable. Makes me want to start one now!

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

OMG I have not seen 12x12 smash books, this is an awesome project! Love it, thanks for sharing.

cabio's craft corner said...

WOW, you've been so busy I can tell. Beautiful scrapbook and how fun to create a school theme album for your girl. I can see the mini you on the pic, cute!!! WONDERFUL JOB!!
Hugs,
Cabio

cabio's craft corner said...

WOW, you've been so busy I can tell. Beautiful scrapbook and how fun to create a school theme album for your girl. I can see the mini you on the pic, cute!!! WONDERFUL JOB!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Johanna said...

Wow, this is just stunning! So many cute details. What a great memory for your daughter :o)

Monique said...

That is so cute Angela !!

Hugs Monique

Juliana Montoya - ILuvVintageScrap said...

The pages are amazing love all of the details!!!!!!!!
Hugz
Juliana

Christy Designs said...

It's a beautiful page
Great idea! TFS

Carly said...

oh this is so beautiful, vibrant and a treasure! Wow think of how much fun this will be to look back on in years to come!

xoxox Carly

Carol Meadows said...

Thanks for sharing, I haven't used this stamps as much but now I have some good ideas, thanks for the "eye" candy! Carol M in Texas/carolswingster77@aol.com

CraftyNatalie said...

cute pages! I love the school theme, and great colouring.

Claudia said...

Great project. It will be a wonderful memory.

Hugs

Claudia

Louise said...

Fabulous album, love your coloring and details
Louise

MelissadHensom said...

What a cute album! Your daughter will treasure it!

Maga said...

Big smash, wonderful memories!

My messy corner said...

Great idea!! Love all the details and that Front cover is gorgeous.

TFS
Michelle

Shazza said...

beautiful pages, love how you matted all the pics, makes them pop x

Ingba said...

What a great idea. Your pages are fabulous. I loved to have this for my children but they are 21 and 18 year but it would be a great memory and gift so perhaps I will give it a try.

Yamarie said...

Love the idea 4 school book!! it inspires me to finally start mine. Very pretty!!!

Auror Willow said...

What a great idea! I am in love with your cover, its so cute! I wish I had enough old pictures to fill up an entire smash book! Thanks for the hop!
Kayla F.

Nana Jo said...

How cute is that - love the idea and pages.

mmlmn at polar comm dot como

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful Smash Book! I totally love the cover! The colors, stamps and papers - so beautiful!

Miria said...

Adorable creation, Angie! Thank you for sharing and for the chance, Miria xx

Ivonne said...

OMG! Love the images, love the colouring, LOVE your project!! This one I am going to try it myself. Stunning!! Hugs, Ivonne

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Such a great idea! Nice to remember those school days!

merlyn said...

Smart idea...Memorable book...will make 1 for sure...

Chris said...

A fabulous start Angie and I love your scrapping style! I really wish I'd done this for my boys but by now of course I have no idea of dates of photographs, such a shame really. Hope you get your older daughter's book started soon. Hugs, Chris :)