Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Somebunny Loves You

Hi Everyone! Today at TOMIC we have a new challenge for you.  We have a sketch for you to follow and also there must be a bunny included somewhere on your card.  Here is the sketch:

Here is my card.  I used Tilda and her Bunny from the Butterfly Dreams Collection. I also used Magnolia papers on this card, Doohickey and spellbinder dies, and some flowers.





I tried creating a wildflower background around Tilda with copics.  I love the way Chris Dark creates such beautiful backgrounds for her images and here is my small attempt LOL! But I'm happy with the way it turned out.  Here is a close up:


Hmm.... I think I could have blended her face out a bit better. But I didn't want to over saturate the paper with my markers.

Well that's it from me today.  I hope you'll play along with us at TOMIC and try for your chance for an awesome prize from Magnolia.  Have a great day!

20 comments:

Dena said...

I know, I know!! I love how Chris does that!! You did a smashing job with copics. I think it would be sooo hard with copics because they don't naturally run together like watercolors! This is really beautiful Angela!!!!! Such a pretty Easter card!
Hugs, Dena

Trina said...

Gorgeous! Your background and that rolled flower area are just perfect!

sara said...

so gorgeous angela love the background you created i love how chris does it too but am not brave enough to try !! you did a fabby job tho beautiful card
hugs sara x x x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Angela, this card is wonderful. Your colouring is AMAZING....

A really happy card.

Hugs Kelly

Myrna said...

I've always loved this Tilda! It doesn't seem possible that Easter is almost here! Adorable Angela!

Andrea said...

love it - so cute

Christina C. said...

I'm also a big fan of Chris's backgrounds, but I think you also did a fabulous job on yours! A heck of a lot better than anything I could come up with!!!! Beautiful job coloring this cutie pie and the rest of your details are perfect!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous easter card angela.
thank you for your lovely comments.

greetings karin

Anne said...

I love your card, such deep and beautiful colors, and gorgeous details and color combos. Just perfect. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Lorraine said...

Angela, your card is gorgeous! I love your coloring of Tilda and the "scene" and all of the beautiful embellies!

June Nelson said...

Its beautiful darlin ove this and the colours are so rich, the face looks fine to me too xx have ahappy easter xx

Sandi said...

amazing detail and color, just gorgeous, hugs

Anonymous said...

How pretty. I love the gorgeous scene you've created, just lovely. Happy Easter
hugs Julie P

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Angela this is breathtaking, I have always admired your work greatly and this little beauty is no exception, the wonderful design, the amazing image and colours are superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Suzan L said...

Hi Angela, your card is so gorgeous!! I jut love the flowers that you have created behind Tilda!! Your coloring is so beautiful!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Suzan

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Such a sweet card, I love the colours and the image is so sweet
Lindsay xx

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card ♥

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, you did a beautiful job filled up all the empty space of the white cardstock with all the wonderful colors. I have to click in and out to look closer on your gorgeous coloring work. Adorable take on of this sketch girl friend :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Maria said...

Wowee! Gorgeous coloring and so loving the layers, swirl and Lacey doily. Yup am drooling yet again. Hugs, Maria

Norma said...

WOW, Angela, I love this. Your background was the first thing I noticed. Well, actually the 2nd thing--the girt being the beautifully coloured Tilda. But your copic background is gorgeous. Now, you make want to give this a try...LOL. Love the colours you used for this card. Beautifully designed. Love the card!
Hugs,
Norma