When I first saw Flower Lili I wanted to make a card reminiscent of the 70s era. She looks like such a funky - free spirit to me. So I went in search of a Volkswagon beetle car stamp to use with her. Since I couldn't find a stamp, I searched for a free coloring page of the car on the internet and came across this car and printed it onto cardstock. I colored my images with copic markers and used a combination of DCWV papers and SU papers. I embellished it with flower charms/spacers. So, do you think she has a 70s vibe going? Would love to read your comments.
I will be entering this card at the following challenges:
Midnight Madness - sketch
Cute Card Thursday - something metal
Stamp Something - a touch of spring
Your Next Stamp - spring colors
Crafty Angels - goodbye card
Here is a picture of the copics I used.
Thanks so much for visiting me today!
28 comments:
Angela this is way tooooo CUTE!!! I love this sweet Lili and I LOVE the card you got off the internet, what a neat idea and your card is just DARLING!!!! Beautiful job hun!!!!
Hugs,
cheryl
OMG!! Angela, this is just DARLING!! I love it!! Fabulous job of using that adorable image!! Love your coloring and pretty Spring details!! thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS
Oh my word Angela this is TOOOOOO SWEET and sooo creative, love it girl!!!!
Oh my gosh! This is sooo cute! I love the "Love" with the peace sign in the middle and the colorful dp. Takes me a way back to my childhood. Brings a smile. Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Hope you will play again!
Hugs,
Carolyn
MMSC DT
Hi Angela, fantastic card, she is so pretty, definately groovy, definately 70's, flower power springs to mind lol, take careX:)
This is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us over on CCT this week :D
Hugs x
Peace man....This is perfect, Love that v Dub and it does go so well with that cute stamp. Very retro.Fabulous job as always. Im so loving ur scene/ story cards lately- a girl after my own heart. Hugs xxxx
Oh my goodness, Angela, what a cute card! I love the little girl in front of the car, that is so cute! :)
Hugs, Christine
Angela...this has taken me to a blast from the past!!! You have "Socked it to me Baby" with this magnificent flower power creation. Ooo how I just love it. What fun and simply fabulous...so creative with the VW bug too...absolutely perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team
That's too cute Angela!! You rocks these challenges!!
Check your email please :o)
Hugs,
Cabio
Stunning! So creative of you to find a car to go with your girl! Thanks for joining us at YNS!
Hugs
Karen
AWESOME coloring of Lili Angela! She's beautiful! Our middle daughter had one of the first 2000 yellow bugs when they came back on the market! So, this is quite fun for me to see! tfs!
Pam Going Postal
This is awesome, Angela! I love the car you found for Lili, and superb colouring! Thanks for joining our Spring Colours challenge at YNS Challenges! Hugs, Sem x
so fun!!!! the paper, embellies, image and colors are PERFECT together!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamp Something this week!
Hi Angela,
what a creativity, you certainly made a splendid 70s card, by the way that were good years ;-), 80's even better. Lili is simply adorable and that car just makes it perfect.
Big hug,
Lins xxx
Reminds me of my dating days! Really cute, cute, cute. You did a great job on shading the skin color. TFS
Love the 70's theme with this card.. your colors and prints work perfectly. Awesome take on this weeks sketch too..I like how you turned both parts of the sketch. It worked well and the results are fantastic :) Oh I just wanted to let you know to mark your calendar for March 5th because that is when the Midnight Madness will be doing a huge giveaway. It will be a blog candy style with comment entries only. No card making on this one, but I really do not want our regular players to miss out on the opportunity to win. You will not be sorry you entered. As always, thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges with us. We really love checking out all our entries work each week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess
hahah disregard the part about turning sketch..not sure where that came from..you did not turn it..I think my head was tilted when i was looking at it because is was so cute..LOL ..can you picture it...my head tilted and the word "awwwwwww" coming out of my month? lol...
Angela, your card is adorable! Just love your 70's car. Awesome coloring on everything. Myrna
Hi Angela - this is just adorable - I love the retor look of this darling image - and your colouring - fabulous! Love the car - we had a 70's nite and friends brought their car - just like this! Very cool! Love the way you have used the sketch! Gorgeous! We love seeing your card each week and appreciate your ongoing support for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we hope to see you again next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team
What a groovy card, absolutely awesome dude! Beth
Angela....what a beautiful-fun card! I love how you color in....it's so inspiring!
Beautiful card! Love how you used this image and the whole scene you created! Thanks for your sweet comment on my SP blog hop post! Have a wonderful weekend!
Oh Yea, I feel the vibes. I can hear the radio belting out a great tune too. What a wonderful card. She is adorable and you have colored her beautifully. The car is a hoot and the papers with the peace sign....perfect. Just a great take on the sketch and we thank you for sharing your card with us at MMSC this week.
Angela, Love your beautiful card
Lili is so sweet and perfect with the luv bug and coloured to perfection. Hugs Jodie from Oz
Angela what a blast from the past, that flower child look is perfect. Your colors, oh I love them. Hugs
Awww! I love your groovy Lili!! The car is perfect!! Stunning coloring and take on the MM sketch my friend!! Too cute!! So glad you added MM to your challenges!! You rock GF!
hugs,
Chris
Oh Angela, she is just beautiful!! And Oh yeah I really get the 70's vibe now!! That car was the perfect added BIG touch!! love the way you have colored this!! Tomorrow night 'LOST'!! THey didn't tell as much last week as I was hoping, other than Jack has a son!!! What!! I am really going to be sad when this show is over!!
Hugs:)
Angela
Post a Comment