Saturday, January 8, 2011

Make It Colourful Challenge #1 - Use Warm or Cold colors

YAY! It's the weekend! This was a tough week getting back into the routine of getting up early, working, and the kids going  back to school.  Now starts the countdown to summer!!! Here is a card I made for the Make It Colourful Challenge which really has me longing for summer:



The challenge this week is to use warm or cold colors on our project. I chose the warm colors (red, brown, orange,yellow, yellowish green). My background images are digital images from Make It Crafty. I used  MIC's Garden Picket Fence and MIC's Peaches of Plenty digi stamps. Zoe (MIC owner) has a wonderful video on how to manipulate your digi images using MSWord HERE which is very helpful. Check it out!



I used Peachy Tilda that I got from Magnolia-licious. Doesn't she work well with the peach branch MICrafty image?  MICrafty also sells the those wonderful ornate chipboard corners that I colored brown with my copics and added an orange gem to. Unfortunately my photo of this card appears much lighter. In  person the colors are much warmer and brighter.


I will enter this card at the following challenges:

Just Magnolia - anything goes
Fab n Funky Challenge - anything goes
Cardmakin Mamas - girlie
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

I hope you like my card and can leave me a comment. I love to read them! Thanks for visiting me today! Have a great weekend!

71 comments:

אורית said...

wow,great card -the image is fabolous and so is the colouring. Love it.
Have a nice weekend .

Anneke said...

Ooh this is beautiful!!
Have a nice weekend :)
Hugs Anneke

Annika said...

You rock! Seriously! I wish I could colour like you!!
Love that fancy border too!!
Hugs
Annika

Helen Philips said...

What a card! What a choice of colours! Warm and cosy! Ilike it very much!

Unknown said...

Your card looks amazing and I love your colouring. The warm colours really suit this image and the digi's work so well with Tilda. Your photos also look fantastic how do you take such great photos of your cards?

Regina said...

Angela!!!! Your card is so gorgeous and your coloring is absolutely STUNNING!!! Cada vez que visito seu blog fico mais encantada com seu talento. Colorir da maneira que você colore não é para qualquer pessoa, precisa realmente ter talento. E você tem de sobra. No words at all, I
love every and each detail you did!!
Have a marvellous weekend.
Hugs
Regina

Christina said...

Woww that is a stunning card Angela!! Love the scenery!
Hugs Kristel

Only By His Grace said...

Wow Angela! This is truly a work of art. Zoe's Digi stamps are used to perfection on this card with Tilda taking centre stage. your coloring is fabulous. Oh to make a card this beautiful.
Hugs Maz

charlene said...

Anglea she is just adorable and those digis are just perfect for her. Awesome coloring

Peggie said...

Absolutely love it. I can't say enough of how beautiful this card is. The colors are just gorgeous.

wljp65 said...

What a beautiful card!!! A challenge for me, no white space, I LOVE it!! The peachy branch works PERFECT with the Magnolia.

Wendy - daffygal

Card Crazy said...

Your coloring is so fantastic, everything looks real. Love the peach branch and the fence. Lovely layering of images and beautiful composition of card.
Sue S.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh so beautiful Angela...love the orange and brown and the peaches are looking delicioso! Hugs,
Barb

Jean said...

OMG Angela, you just keep gettin better and better.. your imagination is just so sharp.. who can think of peaches and spring time when it is snowin outside? I can only think cold when it is cold and warm when it is warm, but then that is why you are so great.. Love everything about this card.. your coloring is perfection and every detail is just gorgeous. this is truly a work of art.
Hugs, Jean

celia said...

Wow Angela!!! Je hebt er terug een schitterend kaartje van gemaakt,super hou je Tilda zo geweldig mooi hebt gekleurd!!!!
Dikke dikke proficiat!!!!
Heel veel liefs,Celia.

Candy said...

Angela,
Your card is outstanding!!
Beautifully coloured!
Your images work wonderfully together. I love the peach branch above Tilda and all the peaches on the ground.
Tilda stands out as the star but the whole card is simply stunning :o)
Hugs, Candy

Christina C. said...

Angela, your card is extraordinarily beautiful....love, love those wonderful colors!!!! Your coloring and details are truly magnificent.

KarinsArtScrap said...

angela this is gorgeous, wow what a coloring.
you did an incredible job.
love these colors too that you have chosen.

greetings karin

Unknown said...

This card is just beautiful, love the colors

Anonymous said...

Peachy sweet Angela! Yum, you make me wish for Summer and Missouri Peaches!!! lol
Adorable Tilda and coloring! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Rene said...

This is one of the prettiest cards I have ever seen! Just GORGEOUS!
Rene :D

Christel Webb said...

I love scenery cards and this one is wonderful!

Christel

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Angela! I love all these images together and your colouring is perfect! I'm saving my corners...don't know what for yet! LOL!
I'll send you some sun if you like, its the middle of summer here and the fruit is ripening on the trees! Viv xx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

When i saw your card my heart just melted!! The coloring is fantastic and so elegant.The colors are so pleasant to the eye sigh..... Hey the corners are a great pop huh??? LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!! You know i love evertyhing you do lol!!! Happy Weekend hun,RubyM:)

Leonie said...

Wow just love how you have combined the MIC images with this Tilda. Its like they were made for each other!!! Love your scrolly corners and the SB die cuts down the side...gorgeous!
hugs Leonie

Catherine Atkinson said...

Beautiful! The scenery on your card is just awesome!

Jaimie said...

Hi Angela,

This card is just so gorgeous !!!!!!!!

Greetings, Jaimie

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so very precious sweetie!! I adore your coloring and your pretty punched borders!! Very lovely!! I'll check out the blog!! TFS!!HUGS

Christina V. said...

Well, Angela, your card is fabulous. I love the colouring, the masking, the whole scenery and, of course, all the layout and the embellishments. Have a nice weekend!

Chris said...

She's gorgeous!

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWW Angela this is absolutely beautiful, that scene looks awesome so does Tilda, wow, brilliant creation.
hugs
Lorraine x

Jana Vicki Gates said...

Angela, I don't often comment but I just have to start! I love your style and your colors. You do such a great job making your colors come alive. I am new at copics and I love using them. Could you let us know what colors you use? I would love to work at getting my colors to turn out like yours! I love your work and when I see your name on the magnolia yahoo group I Always look at your card. Keep up the great work and the inspiration.

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness what a beautiful card
I love it...love your coloring and
your scene that you made TFS
Hugs Linda

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Angela,
I am just in awe of your work. Your coloring is just amazing. I could stare at it for days, lol. Awesome!
Hugs,
Leslie

FitterTwit said...

Angela, this is sooooo wonderful! I'm with you... I LOVE Zoe's tutorials! LOL! You did such an incredible job with this! I LOVE IT!

cabio's craft corner said...

Gosh Angela, this is not just a card, but a great piece of ART!!! Beautiful creation and I love the cute ribbon on the side. Beautiful and precious artwork :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Renkata said...

Angela, this is the most beautiful card I saw today .
You use my favorite Tilda, I just love your peach garden.

Louise said...

Angela your card is absolutely beautiful and i love your choice of colours, fantastic coloring

Myrna said...

Ahhhh, if it was only flower weather!!! Wonderful scene Angela! Beautiful coloring. Myrna

Pat said...

Oh Angela...this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!! Pat Frank

shulsart said...

Angela, this is gorgeous, I love the warm and toasty colors and your card layout and embellishments are fabulous.

Suzan L said...

Hi Angela, your coloring is so wonderful!! I love the scene that you have created using the digi images. What a beautiful card!!
Hugs,
Suzan Laverty

Silli said...

So very pretty Angele, love the colors!

Crealin said...

Hi Angela,

another amazingly beautiful card, such a lovely scenery you've created...wowie!!!

Big hugs,

Lins xxx

Crafteezee said...

Stunning Angela, so glad to be working with you on this fab team. Hugs Tracy x

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! Hello Angela, Amazingly beautiful, I can almost smell the fresh and crisp air... Your coloring is fabulous. Love the lace borders, and allthose warm colors.
Hugs. Danielle

Kerri said...

The scenes you create are incredible! Absolutely gorgeous, Angela!!!

mycardz said...

Hi Angela! Wow, I lovelovelove your card. Of course I'm a total Tilda AND Copic coloring addict, so your card is the best of both worlds! :) You really did an awesome job coloring this! Just perfect. hugz, Mary

Sandy said...

Hey Angela - I have been out of town for the last 5 days so am really behind and will be deleting a lot of the posts - I sure didn't want to miss one of your cards! This is a beautiful scene with beautiful colors. I love scenes - they draw you in and surround you with imagination. I love your work!
Sandy

Sharon said...

Wow your colouring is SUPERB!

debby4000 said...

WOW wonderful, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Woow great card, love the combi!
Bye Mascha

Andrea said...

fantastic, love it!

Carisa said...

oh wow!!!! This is absolutely stunning. I love how you combined the two images and that tilda is just adorable.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning summer scene Angella!! I just love your coloring and your design with the ribbon treatment and punching. Gorgeous my friend...as always. You are amazing!
hugs,
Chris

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing and the borders are perfect!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Girly Challenge! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

Ellis said...

Beautiful card you made! =)
Hugs, Elenor

http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Wow this is fabulous and very elegant! I love what you did with those corners and the lace trimming is wonderful. Your coloring is fantastic - seriously - a perfect job on all three images!! *Hugs*

Norma said...

You are amazing, you know! What else can I say that hasn't already been said. It's a super duper card. I adore everything about it. Love those background images.

Hugs,
Norma

Love this new challenge blog as I love to colour, colour, colour...hee hee.

Zoe said...

Well Ang... over 60 comments... I hope you are basking in the glory... :) I don't want to hear anymore, you know what!!! hehee This is just superb. Everything is perfect from your choice of image, colours, embelishments and to die for colouring. You rocked this!! hugs xxoo

Crystal said...

Angela this image is wonderful and oh boy how you colored it perfectly!!! What an amazing creation gf you are truly amazing!! LOVE THIS!

Jane said...

WOW!!!!! This is absolutely incredible!! What an amazing scene you've created and perfectly coloured!! I love it all! Gorgeous colours too! thanks for joining us at Just Magolia! hugs, Jane x

Chris said...

Well I've been here a while now :D because I had to catch up with all your fabulous creations Angela and WOW here's another amazing scene and your talent is immense!! Such perfect shading and depth in your colouring, it's off the scale. Hugs, Chris :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow, wow, wow, and I'll say it again....WOW!!!! Girl, this card is stunning! I love the beautiful rich colors and your coloring is out of this world gorgeous!
hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Wow Absolutely stunning card Angela. You have achieved real depth with this lovely creation. The digi's work so well, I will definitely have to chec out Zoe's video.
Love it!

sevi said...

wauw,wat heb jij die mooi ingekleurt.
daaraan zie ik hoeveel ik noch moet leeren.
groetjes sevi

Chris said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous!

Chris said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! I love the pairing of digi with rubber stamp. It's just so lovely. You always do such amazing work. I love it!

XO
Chris Christensen

Crafts2do4fun said...

WOW! What an awesome card, LOVE the scene you have and the coloring is perfect.

Heidi said...

This is just an amazingly beautiful card, love all aspects of it, so decided I would have to become a follower so that I can be as inspired by your future work as I am by this project. Love Heidi x oh and congrats for winning at Just Magnolia, thoroughly deserved!!

Diane said...

This is a truly awesome card, Angela with so much wonderful detail! Your work is amazing!
Diane x