Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Inky Impressions Challenge #32 - Recycle



The challenge this week at Inky Impressions is to recycle something on your project. So I made a trinket box out of a box that once held a small rum cake that my husband received from work over the christmas holiday.

Here is a picture of the box before altering:



Here is a picture of the box after altering:



A few more views:






I used this cute Inky Impressions stamp called Lili's Stuffed Bunny for this project. My papers are from Stampin Up and DCWV. I embellished with pearls, a K&Co sticker, and flowers from Wild Orchids. For my trinket box to close properly I had to add an extra lip around the lid to hold the box closed. I'm happy with the result. What do you think? I hope you can leave a comment to let me know.

Here is a picture of the copics I used:



I plan to enter this project at the following challenges:

Ooh-la-la Creations Challenge - anything goes
The Pink Elephant - spring
The Secret Crafter - anything goes
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - use green
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Easter inspired
Tuesday Morning Sketches - anything but a card -- (thanks Lauren)

Thanks so much for visiting me today! :0)

27 comments:

Anneke said...

ooh,
what a beautifull box!
Hugs Anneke

Annette Bowes said...

G'day Angela, Stunning, this is just fantastic, gorgeous trinket box, love this SU dsp, such lovely ribbon inside, love it, take careX:0

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What do I think? I think this is plain gorgeous girl!! Love your box!! What an awesome recycled project!! Your choices of dp and colors are awesome. Stunning design GF! Love everything about this creation!!!!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL box Angela...this is GORGEOUS, LOVE the colors, your coloring, details...oh my you rocked this challenge...Fabulous idea for the recycling love it!

Wendi said...

Oh Wow this is the prettiest box I have seen you have an amazing blog I have so enjoyed looking thru it
Your colouring is outstanding I hope I can get as good as you with practice
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Ooh la la I do hope we see you again
Wendi

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a beautiful reusable box Angela! Beth

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's a beautiful box! and your colouring is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Oh so adorable and so clever!! I love this!!HUGS

charlene said...

Angela your little box is just to cute ! I just love coming here to your little spot everything you do is just top notch.
Hugs

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a wonderful idea to the challenge. And looks really wonderful!

Hugs
Domi

Unknown said...

this us gorgeous, Angela! It's so pretty to look at! Wow! Great job! Plus, your coloring is always so amazing! Love liikbg at all your creations! A great inspiration to everyone! Have a wonderful day, Angela!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela - beautiful and so creative! Love your coloring! Lili is just adorable!
Pam Going Postal

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Stunning little box Angela, such a cute image and beautifully coloured.Thanks for playing with us at A Spoon Full of Sugar, Hugs, Nikki x

Crealin said...

Hi Angela,

this box is just adorable, you've used really beautiful papers, the inside is so nice decorated and lili is the cutest. I hope it doesn't sound boring but I just love your work!

Big kiss,

Lins x

cabio's craft corner said...

This is stunningly gorgeous Angela!! There are lots of hard work and I can almost image the time involved on this project. Lovely coloring and everything goes so well together. Two thumbs up!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Melanie said...

WOW girl, this is georgous!!!! I LOVE the color DP you used and this image is overly precious. LOVE IT!!!

Myrna said...

My goodness girl, do you ever do anything that is easy??? lol Your box is totally awesome! Your coloring is wonderful. Great project!
Myrna

Lauren said...

That's awesome! I absolutely love the box! You can also enter it in Tuesday Morning Sketches anything but a card challenge.

Lauren

Melissa Craig said...

WOW! What a fantastic trinket box and your coloring is fabulous!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches (thanks Lauren).

Patti Jo said...

What a fabulous box! Love the papers your coloring and the little girl! Fantastic work!

Christine Riley said...

This is absolutley gorgeous, Angela, what gorgeous papers and design. Love it!
Hugs, Christine :)

Kim Dellow said...

I love this project, just so beautiful. Lovely details and such a cute image. Kim

Karen said...

You have done a great job here - just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at ASFOS.
Karen x

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- way to recycle! This gift box is gorgeous in every detail from the beautiful DP to the awesome coloring. Thanks for playing this week with Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Juanita said...

Gorgeous box, LOVE that DP, I wish I had stocked up on it. Your image s colored beautifully and your choice of embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love this gorgeous box! Such a cute and beautifully colored image, so many lovely details! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Juanita said...

Your gorgeous box made Top 5 at Fussy and Fancy.