Friday, March 12, 2010

GDT Project for Sew Many Challenges



I am so thrilled to be the guest designer this week at Sew Many Challenges. For the challenge this week, I picked an Easter theme. I love this time of year when spring peeks out after a long winter. Easter has always been special to me because I had my daughter 11 years ago on Good Friday and brought her home on Easter Sunday. My 2 girls and I love Easter/spring crafts and always invite a bunch of kids over to color eggs during this time. So for my GDT project at Sew Many Challenges, I created this small Easter basket.



The instructions for the basket construction can be found at the Just Magnolia Challenge blog.



Here is a picture of the back of the basket:



I used this sweet rabbit from Sew Many Cards. Her name is Jovi - isn't she adorable? For my basket, I used K & Co papers and embellished with pearls, ribbon, lace, prima flowers, a cross charm, and several different Martha Stewart punches. I colored my image with copics and I also added white crushed velvet flock to Jovi's chest area. So what do you think? I hope you all can join us this week at Sew Many Challenges - would love to see you there. Thanks for visiting me.

20 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful basket and love the elegant coloring yet very cute and adorable :o)
Congratulations on the GD!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Angela said...

Angela, I LOVE THIS!!!! So beautiful!!! Just Stunning!! I love the basket and that image is just adorable and the look on her face is just priceless!!
Hugs:)
Angela

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

YES!!!!!!!!!IM FIRST!!! UHHH AWHHH love the basket.That bunny is cute for sure lol!Your coloring is SO darn good girl!!!LOL!I been meaning to try this tutorial for a while.Im gonna try soon.BUT your basket is so cute with all these nice colors.Now i want a chocolate egg awhh maann!!!!TTYL!RubyM:)♥

kim.mom said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Amazing job!

maddy hill said...

ohhhhhhhh this is sooooo adorable ! i love how you have coloured the image in and the whole design of the basket - even down to the matching eggs !
love
maddyx

KymKreates said...

good minds think alike, take a look at my project this week for sew many cards. We were on the same wave length. Yours is quite adorable!!!!!
KymKreates

Christine Riley said...

WOW! What a gorgeous, gorgeous creation. I love the colors and papers. Love how you did the handle with the edge work, that is too gorgeous. You colored the image beautifully. I love everything about this, great job!
Hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Now that bunny is colored so beautifully!! What an awesome basket! If you need anyone to give it to...!! :)

Jodi said...

Adorable bunny!!! She is SO Cute!! Great coloring of her and wow, that basket looks sooo full of candy!!=)
Love the pretty colors you used for it!! These are so fun to make!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Angela your basket is adorable I love the patterned papers and lovely laces not to mention that sweet rabbit! The content is right up my alley too! Beth

Only By His Grace said...

Gorgeous Angela. I love that bunny. super colours too. I just made one of those baskets myself. They are such good fun to make.
hugs marion

Crealin said...

Hi Angela,

my girl is born on whit monday ( I hope I translated it right ;-)) It has a special meaning indeed.
I just love your basket, the papers you've used are great, too bad I can't take an easter egg from the screen ;-) Jovi is adorable, fits with the basket just perfectly ;-)

Big hug,

Lins xxxx

Annette Bowes said...

G'day Angela, another stunning creation from you, your detail is just wonderful!! Love the pearls, gorgeous Purple Ribbon, flowers and charm cross. Your basket is gorgeous, love the dsp. Just ordered my first Martha Stewart Punches can't wait for them to arrive! We used to have fun colouring eggs and rolling them down The Hoad (back in England). Take CareX:)

Sammi said...

oooooh.. This is sooo sweet!! Love this Angela! mm.. yes! I think you "should" be in Australia :D
Sammi
xxx

Eulanda said...

Wow this is such a piece of ART! That looks like a lot of work but turned out absolutely gorgeous!!! Love your coloring too!

Amy said...

WOW! This is AMAZING... such a cool project and a great way to incorporate stamping into some seasonal home decor! Love it!

Myrna said...

What an adorable bunny and basket.
Beyond cute. Myrna

craftingin said...

luv your blog have become a follower, but would recommend you take alook at pwcraftycow.blogspot.com she is giving away candy.
luv Cindy

Anonymous said...

What wonderful basket. I love the long earred bunny. You did a beautiful job!
Hugs,
Pam

Vicki G said...

OH my gosh! LOVING all your bunny projects!!! They're all WAY too cute!

V