For today's card/project, I used this newly released Professor Owl digi image. I love owl's and this one from Meljen is so adorable! My sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Designs (Graduation sentiments) also from Whimy digital images.

Here is a picture of my card when it's closed:

What do you think? Does it look like a graduation cap? I recycled a cheese container for the base. I thought a gift card or rolled up money could be put in it.


I would love to hear what you think so if you leave a comment, I greatly appreciate it! Also, if you leave a comment on every blog along the hop, you could be in the running for some awesome prizes!
Here's a close up of that cute owl:


The copic colors I used on this image are: C9, C7, C5, C3, C1, C00, YR23, Y21, Y11, B39, B37, B34, B32.

** NEWS ** On September 8, from Whimsy Designs, Raindrop Echo Designs will have a new release of custom rubber stamps. You don't want to miss it! I ordered mine and can't wait to receive it! Woo hoo!!! So, don't forget to visit Whimsy stamps on September 8. There is a wide selection of designs to choose from, including clean and simple designs, fun and whimsical designs, and beautifully elegant ones too. You can use these stamps to sign your creations, create business cards, customize your designs, and even label your envelopes with our selection of custom address stamps!
Thanks for visiting me today. Your next stop on the hop is Chris. I bet she has something amazing to show us! ;)
The blog hop will remain open from 12 noon EST September 1st and will close on Tuesday September 7th at 12 noon EST. Happy Stamping!
************************************************************************************
Oh! Guess what! I won 3rd place in the Magnolia Ink "Family Portrait" contest with this card:

I'm so excited! I was just flipping through my newest issue and there I was on page 46. LOL! What a surprise!
Well, thanks for letting me gush LOL and thanks for stopping by! Big hugs!
40 comments:
Congratulations Angela! Exciting to get your work published!!! This is so cute and you do such a fabulous job with your coloring!!! Adorable step card!!!
How creative!!! Love how you've made the cap and the inside is so cute with the owl and flowers! Another terrific project Angela!!!
That owl is just too cute! Love you project, it's beautiful!
Anita
what a gorgeous and beautiful card
hugs linda dekker
love your owl card it just to cute. great for a graduation gift.
Hi Angela!
That is amazing!!!
Love your idea :) So funny!
And congratulations with your 3dr place!!!
Hugs Anneke
Adorable projects! I love your recycling!
That's an awsome graduation card and such a clever idea! Well done on the Magnolia prize, you must be so thrilled and you deserve it because the card is gorgeous!
Diane x
Oh wow!! What a darling project!! BOTH of them actually!! You're so talented and I love what you've done!! TFS! HUGS
Beautiful creations Angela, so creative! Just dropping in to leave some love Jo xxx
I love it!!! Such a great recycling project and the themed items go perfectly together, I will have to check out the hop, I am LOVING getting Whimsy lately, lol!! Feelin' Whimsy.. okay, I will stop....
Congrats on the win in Magnolia INK though seeing the creation, I am not at all shocked, this is fabulous work!!!
hugs, stephanne
Girl, you are so CLEVER!!! I LOVE the graduation card/box! Awesome idea! Your coloring and embellishments are perfect:) Congrats on being featured in the Magnolia magazine! How exciting!!!
Hi Angela,
What a great card you made , gorgeous!!
And proficiat with the family card!
greetings, Jaimie
Coolest. Idea. Ever! And of course your colouring is amazing!
Congrats on your win at Magnolia Ink - that's SO cool!!!
Hugs
Annika
WOOOWEEEE I LOVE this creation girl you know I do...I really think this is one creative and brillant idea..you are amazing sweetie!!What a gorgeous way to showcase this new image!!!!! AND WOOOOOHOOOOO SUPER HUGE CONGRATS on your Maggy!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!! Have a great day hun!! Hugs!
Angela, Well, what a lovely card you have made for the blog hop. What a unique use for a cheese container eh? I am going to try and take part in the challenge this time if I can. Congratulations on your Magnolia publication. Best wishes, Kym xxx
Hoot Hoot what a Cute idea
Wow your owl is so cute,love what you did with it,and congrats on your page 46 great job.
Grtzz Marjon
Congrats on your win Angela, fab card!
I absolutely LOVE your owl card, it's an amazing idea and it really gorgeous!!
Leanne x
Your graduation project is absolutely fabulous - what a fantastic idea! Love the owl image, and your colouring is awesome.
Congratulations on your win with another fabulous card!
Love, Andrea xx
First of all CONGRATS on the third place win!!!! Totally awesome card!
Awesome coloring too.
LOVE, LOVE your graduation cap! How clever of you to use a cheese box!!
Congrats on your card in the magazine ! I am so happy for you it is well deserved.
Now this little owl card is just to cute and what a cute way to display it ... love the laughing cow recycle idea !
Hugs
Oh wow Angela congratulations on your win. I am in love with your beautiful card what a wonderful piece of creativity using a cheese box, I love it, you have done an excellent job with this one.
Hugs
Lorraine x
You're a rockstar!! Congrats!!
Love your creations today! You are just so talented!!
Your grad card is absolutely adorable. I wish I had seen this earlier when my youngest graduate from HS in June. I will save this layout for when she graduates from college. Also a big CONGRATS on the Magnolia prize.
I so love your graduation card Angela. How creative and fun. Love the colors and design!! You so rocked this image gf!
hugs,
Chris
Yes it does look like a graduation cap! So clever and so darn adorable! Awesome coloring too!
Congrats on your Magnolia surprise. I love your Whimsy project! Your colors are fabulous and the design idea is great!
Wowww Angela!! Looks stunning! Saw your card in the magazine!
Hugs Kristel
Your owl image is SPECTACULAR ... LOVE your coloring talent - your shading technique is spot on! And all the added embellishments really take this card to the next level!!
And I meant to congratulate you on your publication AND for winning 3rd place! What an accomplishment. I just discovered your blog and am now a follower. Can't wait to look back through your archives for even more inspiration. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!!
well angela first congratulations
white your third prize.
your card is soo great love that owl great graduation card
greetings karin
I LOVE this grad card/gift box idea!!! It is awesome!! What a cool way to give a gift of money without just sticking in the card. You do a very nice job.
And congrats on the award with your Magnolia card...I can so see why you won!
Lisa
SUPER graduation card, fantastic idea! Love this super cute owl, love the money rolled up. CONGRATULATIONS on win and publication what a wonderful surprise, take careX:)
Oh wow, your card is such a great idea! Love it really! And wonderful coloration too!
And congrats for your third place - this card is absolutly gorgeous!
Congratulations Angela! Sweet family theme. I received my Magnolia Ink yesterday and was so happy seeing your card :o) You always have such a great idea.
BTW, the grad cap is so cool and I love it~
Hugs,
Cabio
This is a really great card. I liked the way you have made the base for this card :D
Gerd
I like, I like! Such a cute idea plus you have put it together so well. I loved the owl.
The owl is TOO cute! Congratulation on the Magnolia win. This is a wonderful card and such an inspiration for me to try to put more dimension in my word. Thanks for sharing.
Just love the whole owl project & the colour of blue you used. The way you have put it all together into the concept of a card is just so original too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/
PS Congrats on the Magnolia Ink too.
Post a Comment