Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shy Nickie treasure box



Hello stamping friends! Hope you are having a great week? I have been busy with my girls this week while they are home for spring break. Luckily we have had great weather here in CT and have been spending alot of time outdoors going to the park and the beach. Maybe we'll hit the zoo tomorrow. Anyways, I have been trying to squeeze in some time to stamp here and there in between outings with my girls and have managed to complete this treasure box using one of my favorite Inky Impression images - Shy Nickie. I altered a small tin that once held some Pirouette cookies (yummy!). See the pics below:

Picture of tin before altering:



Picture after altering:



Here is a pic of the copics I used:



Recipe: Spellbinder die, pearls, Wild Orchid flowers, various ribbon and trim, MS punches, copics, and crystal pics from Michaels.

I will be entering this little project at the following challenges:

Corrossive Challenge - texture
All Sorts - petals & pearls
Raise the Bar - let's spring for it
My Time to Crafts - pretty pearls
Crafty Angels - my favorite things
Papertake Weekly Challenge - cutie pie
ABC Challenge - sparkle (the crystal pics and the pearls sparkle).
Pollycraft Monday Challenge - use pink and brown + yellow or green
Flutter by Wednesday - open (just use a fairy, angel, or butterfly somewhere on card/project)
Lexi's Creations - altered projects

Well, thanks so much for visiting today! I'll be back soon with a Paper Romance card to show you. Take care,

30 comments:

marsha said...

This is a fabulous altered tin. Love the image and your coloring and design is awesome!

Hugs,
Marsha

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Angela, beautiful treasure box, love shy Nickie too, she has just crossed my doorstep yesterday and can't wait to ink her, gorgeous pearls and flowers, enjoy the rest of your week with the girls, take careX:)

celia said...

Wow Angela,wat is dit doosje mooi geworden!Het stempelafdrukje is zooo mooi gekleurd!Echt prachtig,knap dat je dit kan!Liefs,Celia.

brenda said...

Hi there

What great use of the tin and what super colouring of your image, especially her lovely hair.

Thank you for joining in my Petals and Pearls theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

cabio's craft corner said...

I love looking at your altered items Angela, they are always so inspirational. The coloring on this image is gorgeous and so do the tin :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anneke said...

What a cute treasure box!
Love the image and coloring :)
Groetjes Anneke

Fern said...

Stunning box Angela, what a beautiful gift this would make!! Your colouring is stunning too- love the big roses... :D

Fern xx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

WOW! ANGELA THIS IS SO CUTE!How are you sugar??The image is super pretty and all the elegant flowers compliments her.As always full of inspiration and your creativity is always so beautiful to look at:)RubyM:)

Pat said...

Gorgeous recycled tin, love the image you have used and the beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at MTTC.

Pat xx

Crealin said...

Hi Angela,

thanx for your sweet message on my blog. What a beautiful box you've made, you have always such a great ideas! Your coloring is so gorgeous.
Have you received your package yet? It's been over 2 weeks now, I hope it has arrived.

Hugs,

Lins xxx

Anonymous said...

so pretty Angela! Glad you are having a great time w/your girls this week!
Pam Going Postal

Kerri said...

WOW!!! This is so gorgeous! I love your coloring as always, and the beautiful flowers, borders, and pearls look stunning! Love it, girl!!!

Fleur said...

Wow Angela, this is stunning, fantastic idea.
Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lexi said...

Stunning! I adore the image and yoru colouring is fabulous..thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Unknown said...

ahhh...great minds think alike, Angela! Isaved my tin too and it's ready to be decorated! Thanks so much for the inspiration! This turned our beautiful!

lalkygirl said...

absolutely stunning box,i love the whole thing,its perefect thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
lalkygirl x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Angela!! I just love your coloring of sweet Nikki and the recycled project you created. You rock girl!!

Love crafts forever said...

Absolutely beautiful box. Love how you put colours, very nice.

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a transformation! Beautiful work Angel! Beth

Jodie from Oz said...

Angela, your treasure box is beautiful. The image is so sweet, your colouring is wonderful and the embellies are gorgeous. Have a great weekend
hugs Jodie from Oz

Victoria said...

wow this is sensational love it
thank you for joining us on abc this week x

Kylie said...

What a fabulously creative idea. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week.

Kylie xo

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous, Angela! I love the papers you used and you colored the image beautifully.
Hugs, Christine

Myrna said...

Yikes! I can't believe you cut out that plant! Your altered tin turned great!Great job with your coloring!

Debby said...

Beyond Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge blog!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is just amazing... I'm terrible at altering things like that, but I love to see what other people can do. It's no wonder Joni picked you as the winner for this week. Thanks so much for joining us at both Raise the Bar & Corrosive Challenge this week!

Danni said...

This is stunning! You are just so talented!wow!! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Janiel/ janny said...

oh i love your altered art!!!BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

hugs, Janiel

Lollipops said...

That is fab, love what you did with the tin. Thank you for joining us over on Crafty Angels

Hugs
Laura

Jodi said...

A gorgeously decorated tin!! I love the coloring you did and the pretty embellishments you added too! Thanks for joining us at FBW!
Hugs
Jodi =)